Agnostic.com

69 8

Who is the most overrated band in your opinion?

For me it is Radiohead. Sorry fans, I just don't think they should be treated as gods of new music. Seems no matter what they put out, people just melt.
Not to say I don't like some of their stuff, I just think they are way overrated for what they do.

Who is yours?

Akfishlady 8 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments (51 - 69)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love Radiohead’s first few albums but I fell off at in rainbows. Their stuff is unique enough that most of it is an acquired taste though, n I just haven’t felt the need to put the time into the more recent stuff. I get it, being put off by the fanaticism of a lot of people for em.

For me it’s a tie between Metallica, U2, and the Doors. I just don’t personally like any of em. There are maybe one or two songs from each I can acknowledge as having made a huge splash but their lead singers are all douchebags too far up their own asses for it to matter. None of them are half as good or important as they think they are.

Elvis and Zeppelin seem pretty overrated once you realize how much they stole from opening acts n black folks in general, but they at least had phenomenal execution enough to sorta justify the fandoms.

This is if you don’t even get me started on pop, mind you. I’ve developed more respect for Miley over the years but at her most popular she was hugely overrated. And Justin Bieber might be the single most overrated person in the history of time outside of Trump. Both share the qualities of having an obnoxiously loud fan base that gives the illusion that it’s 4x bigger than it is, and they’re all in some sort of group psychosis apologist denial that their masturbatory fetishized godheads wouldn’t just as soon spit at em as look at em. Wrong. ?

Update: Pearl Jam, STP, Bon Jovi and Springsteen might be up there with my main 3

@Humanistheathen I didn’t say it was bad or overrated, just that their new stuff changes a lot and is an acquired taste. I love em overall like I said I just didn’t put the time into listening to it or anything new since then to really develop a taste for it. I may go back n catch up on the newer side of their catalog any day now but it wasn’t for me at the time.

Europe, the so-called "supergroup" from the 80s. Think "The Final Countdown"... boring AF if you ask me. 🙂

The Beach Boys. Talent a mile wide and an inch deep.

I always thought they were a bit lightweight and "poppy" but I caught them at a festival in 1973 and I was very impressed. The studio version of good vibrations was brilliant although they could not produce that sound live.

Radiohead is the most overrated band in all of music history.

SXXX9 Level 4 Sep 2, 2018

So. Damn. Many.

Elvis. The Beatles. Coldplay. Nirvana. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Abba. 50 Cent. Beyonce.

That's it for now, lol.

Oh, and The Rolling Stones.

@KCjoe108 We can always bring back the Bay City Rollers for you!

@phxbillcee
Who the fuck are they???

The Beatles????!!!!!!!!!!

@Sydland
Yeah. I was never a fan.

There are bands I don’t like, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say they’re overrated. I’ve never gotten the appeal of Justin Timberlake, but I’m not gonna knock him. The Stones haven’t put out anything I’ve liked since Tattoo You, but some weirdos actually prefer their older stuff. Radiohead? I loved The Bends and Kid A. Johnny Greenwood is great. Then they stopped being a guitar band.

Is it an American Band?

We used to call them Grand Fucked-up Railroad!

Probably the one on the run…

Spike Jones and his City Slickers.

Not a band. But Diana Ross is completely overrated. Her voice is whiney and lacks range and creativity. Youtube her when she sang with The Three Tenors on PBS. She was totally out of her league. And the tenors didn't bend an inch to accommodate "Her Highness".

You just can't get anymore subjective than that.

Stained

I agree with a lot of these. U2, most Radiohead (i absolutely love their first 3 albums tho), all pop music from Elvis to Bieber, and i will add The Eagles. i disagree with Floyd & Zeppelin tho. i think they earn the hype.

I'd have to agree with you on Radiohead. They've got a couple songs that are ok but they're really just kind of blah in my opinion. I saw them a couple of years ago at a music festival and we were so unimpressed by them that we left after they played 2 songs.

Kiss and guns n roses are both incredibly overrated. Kiss is only shock value and gnr is really only as popular as they because slash is the "mainstream guitar hero".

Five Finger Death Punch.

The Ramones and that stupid Gabba Gabba Hey song. Blech!!

There are definitely more overrated bands from each decade, but this is my list.
60's: The Doors
70's: Led Zeppelin
80's: Metallica
90's: Nirvana
00's: Coldplay

@JustLynnie I haven't, and I don't like smoking of any kind. If you need to get high to appreciate Led Zeppelin then that proves they are overrated. 😉

@JustLynnie I think it's the other way around. Music is one of the reasons I haven't committed suicide, so don't tell me I don't know the power of music.

Papa Roach

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:159719
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.