Agnostic.com

30 3

Have you ever thought yourself into a bad mood?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very much yes. Having negative thoughts. That's why I try as much as possible to be postive minded most of the time.

Absolutely, and I hate it when it happens. Not that that helps the situation.

Yes. I am working hard on listing all the positives in my life so I can focus on them.

Yes and I learned how to get myself out of them. It was a health necessity.

For sure. Usually I expect and react my way into a bad mood though, thinking my way into a worse one as we go along. It takes a varied set of delicate tools to paint such a cronenbergian hellscape on the heart with the casual composure of bob Ross, but I’m getting there. Happy little trees... happy lil trees. ? ? ?

Yes, I'm clever like that 😀

Yeah all the time. Depression, it's like a real life super power lol

No, but I do the opposite with ease.

I can if I want, a pointless endeavor though.

Sometimes you are your own worst enemy..........

I'm usually doing the opposite, trying to think my way out of a bad mood.

No, usually it takes the words or actions of an asshat or two to get my mood down...

Yes! It’s hard to turn the thoughts around, but important.

No, not really. For me, bad moods are externally caused.

I try to be on the alert for such thoughts and immediately change course.

For example, instead of trying to think of ways that I was harmed by religion, I think of ways that I was helped by religion, or I think nothing at all.

Oh yeah.

Oh yes. Being an insomniac with depression and a mind that will never shut off is a dangerous combo. I've found that external distractions, ie. Reading, are my best friend

Yes, your thoughts can have a positive or a negative effect on your mood. Choose the positive.

Yes, your thoughts can have a positive or a negative effect on your mood. Choose the positive.

Thinking about Trump... it is usually a slippery slope into if no a bad mood, then at lest a less pleasant one.

....constantly.....and even in the moment i would reclaim a separate peace. I find the human thought process both powerful and beautiful. I think the senses sometimes or all the time need to be in a state of equilibrium at the same time we need certain freedoms to remain feeling properly centred.

Oh yes.

Of course. Almost the fastest way there for me.

Have you ever thought yourself into a good mood?

I’m working on it hahaha!

Yes.
Lots of times.

It is really easy when you get the hang of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.