Agnostic.com

10 6

QUESTION The Internet is evil, I knew it...

The more time you spend on-line, the less religious you become according to new data.

Hominid 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sharing your internet with the religious will be a Nice Strategy.

Those religious types are like those scammers that call from the fake grants department, they keep trying to convince people that something fake exists.

I've said this for years - the internet is the anti-christ, it's where religions come to die.
There's nowhere for the necessary ignorance to hide any more.

No dark corners to hide! Love it...

Designer religions-A littlebit of this, a little bit of that. Just like the song "Anatefka" from Fiddler on the Roof."

So what happened around 1964 when I went AWOL? excuses, Excuses, EXCUSES.

You must be the exception to the rule! 🙂

@BeeHappy Oh, or way ahead of all those that waited for the internet to get them out of the religion chains. he, he, ha.

That's it @Gipsyofnewspain ....you were ahead of your time! Paving the way for the rest of us. 😉

@BeeHappy I am just like moses.... lost in the desert for 40 years.

Ok, I was willing to play along but you've gone to far. @Gipsyofnewspain, you are no Moses!
🙂 😉 😛 hehehe

@BeeHappy Can you let me be Noah then? I was a sailor for 20 years, you know?

Well, dang it @Gipsyofnewspain! If you must. Noah it is. Lol

@BeeHappy Thank you... you can be Virgin Mary if you want... no higher honor in the Hierarchy and then again you are already happy with yourself so why the aggravation.

It happened to me. Less time with friends, more a public school, and the Internet.

So the internet does teach our young something!

As has been recently discussed about the religious having a much higher birth rate and thus out pacing atheism. I made the point that as the internet becomes more available in third world countries the projections may not be accurate.

The real reason the internet tends to make people less religious it's not because of the real factual information that can be easily accessed.....The real reason is.......because Satan!

Interesting correlation, but I suspect it's less significant than it seems on the surface. The very religious are more likely to spend a lot of time in church, at church-related functions, and socializing with church friends, leaving less time for internet activity. There might be other factors, too, like religious people intentionally eschewing unnecessary internet browsing, but on the other hand there are a lot of religious forums online and my FB feed looks like Christianity vomited on it.

Hmm maybe it's because you get a wider perspective of the world

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16027
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.