Agnostic.com

3 0

POLL ‘Silent Sam is down’: Crowd topples Confederate statue at UNC - The Washington Post

This is what happens if the university is unresponsive to student requests that the statue be removed. I expect that citizens elsewhere may also take likewise action. Officials, take note.
I'm adding a poll. Do you agree that this was justified?

• 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
BookDeath 8 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I echo what Druvius said.

I live in Richmond, Virginia, capital of the Confederacy. In historical context, on battle fields, cemetaries & the like, I've no issue. Historical context matters & it needs to be the FULL historical context. (I feel the same way about colonial American history & founding fathers).

That said, some monuments were placeD with the expressed intent of degredation, intimidation & inspiration of fear. they arent needed. Its not an erasure of history to move monuments when there is no historical correlation. Erasure/rewritting of historical fact is handled well enough by the education system & u s government & its media propagandists.

Every freaking Confederate memorial should be torn down and replaced with a Union memorial. Some people just don't seem to have gotten the message. The Confederacy was the biggest crime in US history, and they LOST. Their memorials are as appropriate as Hitler memorials would be in Nazi occupied Europe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.