Agnostic.com

2 0

Coming out as a non believer.

How did your friends and family take the news when you told them you were an atheist?

larryisonfire 3 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I came out as both gay and atheist at the same time... kind of a double whammy. My parents were a lot more concerned about my being gay. However, since i also said I didn't believe in god, they had no religious arguments to use, and that just emptied their arsenal.

I lost a few friends when they found out. They proceed to call me names and were very dramatic about it. As far as my parents go, we never really officially talked about it. I would make comments as a kid every now and then along the line of “he’s your god not mine” and I think they finally just figured it out. Most of the people I know are ok with it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.