Agnostic.com

53 16

Have you ever been in a newspaper story?

In last Sunday's Wenatchee World newspaper, there was an article about the high school College Mentor Program.

The article featured me and used this photo! Last June, I took three students I previously mentored for a hike on Icicle Gorge trail.

Since 2006, I have been a volunteer college mentor, helping first generation, low income students write essays for college and scholarship applications. It thrills me to send kids to college.

I teach students writing and organizational skills, and the importance of doing work before the deadline.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congratulations!

Yes, many, many times throughout my life in many newspapers, and I even wrote and did freelance photography for the Morehead News paper in Kentucky.

If you want to prepare students for the future teach them how to shoot a gun and dress wild game.

@GusGrigas

Why do you say that? I will never own a gun and support strong gun control.

I've been in the paper for High School sports and been interviewed for couple of different reasons over the years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.