Agnostic.com

28 3

Weirdest food

What is the strangest thing you have eaten in your life. I am a foodie and will try almost anything. I have had rattlesnake. I like chicken feet, and head cheese.

Teterbilt 6 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't had the chance to try rattlesnake yet, I did have the opportunity to try escargot once, and surprisingly, it wasn't half bad. By the way, have you ever tried pico de gallo? It's a delicious Mexican salsa that adds a burst of flavor to any dish. It's made with fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, and a dash of salt. It's absolutely fantastic, especially if you're a fan of spicy and tangy flavors.

In my youth I wandered the world and got in with a bunch of gypsy's in France and found out how to cook and eat hedgehog ....not proud but it tasted of chicken...lol

Uni-sea urchin gonads. Taste like licking the inside of a very dirty fish tank

I don't eat much meat at all but for 20 years I was a strict vegetarian. I heard dandelions were healthy to eat. Since I did not use pesticides in my yard, I pulled all the dandelions in my yard and with a food processor, some tofu, garlic, breadcrumbs and seasonings made dandelion burgers. They were actually pretty tasty.

Sorry. I haven't eaten them. Just know they exist. actually a shortage of red tarantulas so the government is regulating their use. Imagine that?

Tarantula tacos.-Mexico City

Squid chips and fish cheese. BTW...if you're ever in Japan or Okinawa, don't get anything out of a vending machine. 🙂

squid is awesome ....had squid kebab in Portugal....

Kangaroo sausages.

Frogs legs is the weirdest thing I was willing to have eaten. They kind of taste like salty chicken.

Frog legs are the bomb. Real frog legs can't be beat...and seeing them jump in the frying pan is kewl. BTW...I'm from Tennessee...so frog legs, squirrel, deer, and anything else running through the back yard or in the pond is open game!

@jondspen Yeah, I actually like them. I don't care much for watching them in the frying pan though lol

I've had deer before, but not squirrel.

Having a hard time thinking of anything I've ever eaten that I consider strange. Many people would think boiled okra is strange. My bf shook his head night when I had rice crackers with strawberry jelly, hot sauce, and soy sauce. BTW they're not that great. ?

I was in the Filipines, and I know i ate strange food, but was afraid to ask what it was...

Did you try Balut? Hard boiled duck egg which has been allowed to gestate for a while. Saw them. Didn't try, although I had a friend who would crunch through one or two a night.

@Beowulfsfriend I am aware of Balut, but have never tried it. I ws in a relatinship with a Filino guy for five years and he loved it

Personally, I found most Filipino food to be overly salted, using too much MSG and swimming in fat and grease, and it took me three years to lose the weight I gained while in that relationship. (He insisted on doing most of the cooking). My "Ex" and I are still friends. His doctor put him on a healthy diet and blood thinners, because he was diagnosed with hyper-tension (high blood pressure).

Toes and dick

Calf brains......YUK!
Turkey testicles......OK

I haven't had it, the closest restaurant serving it that I knew of closed. But I still think I might, if I run across it: guinea pig.

In the Philippines mountains I had monkey, deep fried pieces on sticks similar to the pork sticks they sell in the city. I knew it really was because they had some future meals hanging.

Spleen sandwiches ... sounds better In Italian, I’ve gone vegan so perhaps now it’s faux duck in a can or nooch🙂

Nothing really that weird. I'm a vegetarian now, but when I was growing up I ate cow brains (definitely not recommended now), cow tongue, frogs legs, the usual stuff.

I get gags from people all the time but I love fried chicken gizzards hearts and livers and the old standby beef liver and onions

Pigeon & lava bread - the bread was actually gravy
Dogfish - will never throw them away again!
Habanero cheese fritters - the place now offers a Carolina reaper version (no thanks)

The tripe wasn't bad until my mother told me what it was.

godef Level 7 Aug 21, 2018

Under pressure to taste it, I took a tiny bite of Lutefisk at a Norwegian festival in Seattle.

Promptly spit it out. Hearty laughter.

HAH! I was in a similar situation at a "bring something which represents your ethnicity" pot luck. That stuff was HORRIBLE! I pretended a coughing attack and quietly left!

Snails, some kind of worm and lamb and bull fries, oh and brains.

Sqirrel brains
Snapping turtle
Homemade Souse
Homemade Scrapple
Snake
Poke sallet

@MattTeter i don't think of snails as weird. In my mind they're are more of a delicacy.

Scrapple - good old Pennsylvania Dutch food.

Jellyfish.

My daughter ate that in Thailand. I asked how can you pick it up?

@Beowulfsfriend It cooks up with a nice texture once you've gotten most of the water out of it.

I was gonna say my favorite, pineapple and onion pizza.

Reading the responses… y’all are gross. Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.