Agnostic.com

33 8

QUESTION App creates ‘legally binding contracts’ for one night stands to prove sex is consensual | Metro News

Dating and sexual consent in 2018? There’s an app for that.

What are your thoughts?

IndySent 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What happens if someone changes their mind? Say we start getting dirty and he turns mean and creapy and I want out? Would this give him consent do WTFever after I agree?
I would definately not agree to this.

MsAl Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

By the time the contract has been carefully read and signed your little friend may have " collapsed with frustration " and decided to advise you to give up trying and do some gardening instead.

By the time the contract has been carefully read and signed your little friend may have " collapsed with frustration " and decided to advise you to give up trying and do some gardening instead.

Probably wouldn't actually be legally binding, but the idea of a consent contract is interesting. One way or another, we're all contracting ourselves to this and that, so I see no reason sex can't be included.

If you're looking for a one night stand, you're not interested in more than momentary romance anyway.

that is Genius! Good for more that just one night stands too

That would ruin the mood more than 'have you got a condom...

We need lawyers because people can't be responsible for their own moral at times.
But yeah the app will take care of the guess work.
If I were a man I would be very serious about this because my freedom would depend on it.
This is what this world has come to.

What if I can't reach my phone to nullify consent? Not that big of a guy so if she out weighs me (just a scenario folks, I love big gals too) Can I just push my "help, I've fallen and can't get up" life alert button?

I learned something yesterday morning that I will like to use. I turned it into some kind of disclaimer... "You Have the Right and Obligation at any given moment to Remove Consent for any reason you feel necessary." A woman without a cellphone will be like my Holy Grail. I myself tried as much as I could not to have one. Not that nutty about apps either. I am still "hands on". So the app will not be for someone without cell phone.

I think it is kind of ridiculous, but maybe it's a direction we'll have to go. I mean should we really just follow our instincts/pheromones/feelings in the heat of a night? Should be some sort of boundary? Like a first, second, third, home plate kind of 'willing to go this far on a first, second, third date' survey? I mean, I've definitely been with a few people while just following a vibe that I knew two or three days later, I was never going to engage with in that way again. Nothing to regret in my book, just saying. And that whole Aziz Ansari article, I've been the chick in that scenario and either politely left or just banged them to get it over with. Either way you go about that you have to have that conversation whole 'Ya, no, good idea at the time, bad idea in retrospect, we're idiots horrah! Have a good one.'

If you don't trust someone not to

1. rape you
  2. falsely accuse you of rape

...you don't trust them enough to be alone with them in an Applebee's booth.

Start small, people. And maybe don't shag someone until you've, like, gotten to know them a little. I dunno. Does that sound too old-fashioned?

I'm lost and can't date anymore

Dear lord the world is imploding.. One of the best parts of sex is the spontaneity of it(That is assuming you're not in prison) I get it we want to reduce and wipe out sexual assault and rapes and we also want to make sure that no on is falsely accused of anything bad but jesus titty fucking christ!

Iam glad I was young in a simpler time

Don't we? I still don't like the phone call to ask what am I doing? I will answer "I was doing until you interrupted me with your call".

In the immortal words of Leslie Nielson, "Wait a minute, if STDs are free, who pays for them?"

jeffy Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Sounds like a recent episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Larry David wanted his girlfriend to sign a form where she could not talk to anyone about their sexlife.

Well what's wrong? Consent is most important.

Hi Srijith,I must thank you for all the likes you give me on my posts.

This makes me think about numerous rap songs that discuss giving consent via video recordings. Rappers understood the world better than Jesus ever did. Snoop Dogg is a more accurate observer of the human condition than most homo sapiens.

MikeJ Level 5 Jan 17, 2018

It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't seem foolproof. Forced consent is still rape. What is to stop a rapist tapping "consent" on the victim's phone? Can consent be given while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs? I guess it's a start, but I also think there must be a better way.

good points

I think I’d rather do it the old way. Take a woman out to dinner, get to know her and seduce her when the time’s right.

At first blush, it sounds ridiculous, but after a moment of thought, it might be nice to have something that says that everyone was on the same page when they into bed with each other. Sex is scary enough without the thought that if the date goes badly or the sex sucked, someone can have you ttossed in jail out of simple revenge. Now, all that being said, my response is very basic and the topic of sex, consent, and legal accusations is certainly one for in depth conversation

In law, sounds almost like a wedding contract , but you need witnesses, to sign that both parties agree, my advise, get a lawyer or notary, good luck with that.

Can you imagine being drunk at the bar..
"Hey baby, wanna consent?"

No. I'm too shy to ask anyone something like that

Tears!!!!!

@DobbinPitch just show her the app and say "push here"..

Maybe the event should be videoed as well to provide evidence that it was indeed consensual throughout. Copyrights agreed should they want to go public. Almost bombproof evidence to dis/prove allegations?

Men need something to protect them. (And maybe I should have said people, but almost no women are ever even arrested for, let alone prosecuted & convicted of, rape, including people we know were rapists.). Can't imagine this is actually legally binding because the woman can say she was forced to consent on the app, but with crazy people like Joyce M Short running around trying to turn everything into prosecutable rape, something needs to be done.

Women do get prosecuted for indecent assault as (in some countries) the law does not see a woman as capable of rape. US citizens can correct me but I read women in US are being convicted of having sex with minors whether that makes it statutory rape (as a minor cannot consent not having the legal capability to do so) I am not really clear on.

@Treasurehunter Yes, it happens, and while I obviously can't prove it, there is a huge difference in the way male teachers with female students and female teachers with male students are seen, investigated, and prosecuted. After prosecution, it seems like conviction and sentencing are somewhat on par according to a few things I've read.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16116
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.