Agnostic.com

33 8

QUESTION App creates ‘legally binding contracts’ for one night stands to prove sex is consensual | Metro News

Dating and sexual consent in 2018? There’s an app for that.

What are your thoughts?

IndySent 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Probably wouldn't actually be legally binding, but the idea of a consent contract is interesting. One way or another, we're all contracting ourselves to this and that, so I see no reason sex can't be included.

If you're looking for a one night stand, you're not interested in more than momentary romance anyway.

that is Genius! Good for more that just one night stands too

That would ruin the mood more than 'have you got a condom...

We need lawyers because people can't be responsible for their own moral at times.
But yeah the app will take care of the guess work.
If I were a man I would be very serious about this because my freedom would depend on it.
This is what this world has come to.

What if I can't reach my phone to nullify consent? Not that big of a guy so if she out weighs me (just a scenario folks, I love big gals too) Can I just push my "help, I've fallen and can't get up" life alert button?

I learned something yesterday morning that I will like to use. I turned it into some kind of disclaimer... "You Have the Right and Obligation at any given moment to Remove Consent for any reason you feel necessary." A woman without a cellphone will be like my Holy Grail. I myself tried as much as I could not to have one. Not that nutty about apps either. I am still "hands on". So the app will not be for someone without cell phone.

I think it is kind of ridiculous, but maybe it's a direction we'll have to go. I mean should we really just follow our instincts/pheromones/feelings in the heat of a night? Should be some sort of boundary? Like a first, second, third, home plate kind of 'willing to go this far on a first, second, third date' survey? I mean, I've definitely been with a few people while just following a vibe that I knew two or three days later, I was never going to engage with in that way again. Nothing to regret in my book, just saying. And that whole Aziz Ansari article, I've been the chick in that scenario and either politely left or just banged them to get it over with. Either way you go about that you have to have that conversation whole 'Ya, no, good idea at the time, bad idea in retrospect, we're idiots horrah! Have a good one.'

Dear lord the world is imploding.. One of the best parts of sex is the spontaneity of it(That is assuming you're not in prison) I get it we want to reduce and wipe out sexual assault and rapes and we also want to make sure that no on is falsely accused of anything bad but jesus titty fucking christ!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16116
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.