Agnostic.com

52 6

Which do you like better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?

• 34 votes
  • 58 votes
CallMeDave 8 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Babylon 5!

godef Level 7 Aug 22, 2018

@jc2018 Nothing like engaging in a good story to get through something like that.

@jc2018 Well I hope yr doing better!

Better than Star Trek or Star Wars.

Write in for Red Dwarf and Firefly.

I’m more familiar with wars than trek but I do have an interest in watching the next generation more so than rewatching any of Star Wars

A big Red Dwarf fan here too!

Wow surprised at the results.

Harrison Ford > Shatner.

I'm not surprised, at all.
Harrison Ford, any day, over Shatner.

Shatner is and ever will be a...tool.

I love Patrick Stewart in everything.

Harrison Ford was way better in the Indiana Jones movies imo

I like them both just as much.
But if I had to pick one it would be Battlester Galactica. The 2000's version, not the 70's version.

@jc2018 If you ever get to see it you'll love it.
It's nothing like the 70's version.
One of the best shows IMHO.

I like them both, leaning more on Star Trek. That said, Does anyone remember Babylon 5?

I'm rewatching B5 right now. ?

I loved, loved, loved the first set of three movies when I was a kid. Then Lucas produced the next batch of three, which frankly, were pretty movies with horrible dialog and stiff acting. I do like the newer models though. Star Trek, on the other hand, especially TNG and DS9 are, minus their first seasons, my comfort food.

What was worse?
JarJar Binks or that insufferable little brat?
Another child actor whose life after fame sadly turned to crap though. He has had numerous criminal charges.

@BufftonBeotch I don’t think Lucas’ directing did any of those actors any good, but Jar Jar was insufferable.

Over half of the comments are for Star Wars, but only half as many of the votes... Are you forgetting this is a poll and the correct only count if you actually vote? Or are the Trekkies just voting and not commenting?

Live long and prosper

Neither. Babylon 5.

Or maybe Farscape.

Farscape was pretty good. Different.

I love both. Classic Star Trek is watchable over and over. Star Wars is my childhood. Can't choose.

Oh absolutely. That opening theme song and the crawl away captions still hits me right in the feels.

Star Wars.

They both have their own merit. As for a marathon viewing. I have run (home theater) Star Wars (about twenty hours) but could not imagine running a Star Trek marathon. As nobody has requested one and I have have several requests to run another Star Wars marathon.

Have watched Star Trek on regular basis and loved it but I like Star Wars, good or bad, better.

Star Wars.

I really like both, but TOS hasn't aged well and is harder to watch than the SW prequels. Enterprise was meh, Voyager was OK. I really like the rest, including Disco.

Star Wars is ok, but it’s all based on nonsense religion crap
Star Trek is simply more realistic

I like them both, although I do prefer Star Wars.
I've enjoyed the new Star Trek movies though.
I think the casting is pretty damned spectacular.
Chris Pine as Kirk, and Zachary Quinto as Spock, are perfect.
I don't think they could have found a better Bones than Karl Urban, either.
I think JJ Abrams gave the franchise the much-needed shot in the arm.

I want to believe in the Force.

Old Star Wars, new Star Trek

I choose Star Wars, but my reason is mostly sentimental in nature. My very first real date was to the opening night of the original Star Wars. Living in a small town in the 70's, we had to drive 30 miles to the movie theater. Wow. Just wow. (The movie, not the date. We never went out again.)

Trek.... The second 3 Star Wars movies were awful, and the third SW movie with those ridiculous teddy bear people and the terrible ending was really not very good either. Only the first Trek Movie was really bad. The first two SWs movies were terrific.

Star Wars, I think, has more action. Star Trek has neater exploration and sciency stuff.
Star Trek is much easier to nerd out on!

Sorry. I forgot the put the why I think Star Wars is better. Got distracted. Anyway

Luke Skywalker alone could be the reason SW is better. He is trying to save basically... all of existance from a corrupt government. Kirk is on a government mission to see what’s out there.

That being said, Im also a Star Trek fan, I just think SW is better.

Star Trek for the way it addressed the social issues of the day and helped move us forward as an ever so slightly more enlightened species. A mixed race crew, the first interracial black and white kiss. Gene Ridenburry made sure mankind’s best hopes for the future where represented and worth all the madness in the streets. But Yoda also had his moments🙂

I enjoy Star Wars but I’m a serious Star Trek lover. I’ve watched all of the series from start to finish over several times.

No! I am not going to choose and you can't make me!

I think the question should be qualified as pre/post TLJ. After that cluster fuk of a movie, Star Trek it is...although some of the Trek TV shows were pretty bad. I think Sci-Fiction is cool, but I've always leaned more to Sci-Fantasy.

BTW...why isn't Buck Rogers in the mix. Is it b/c Twiki is about as popular as Jar Jar?!?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:161514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.