Agnostic.com

52 6

Which do you like better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?

• 34 votes
  • 58 votes
CallMeDave 8 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neither. Babylon 5.

Or maybe Farscape.

Farscape was pretty good. Different.

I enjoy Star Wars but I’m a serious Star Trek lover. I’ve watched all of the series from start to finish over several times.

Star Trek for the way it addressed the social issues of the day and helped move us forward as an ever so slightly more enlightened species. A mixed race crew, the first interracial black and white kiss. Gene Ridenburry made sure mankind’s best hopes for the future where represented and worth all the madness in the streets. But Yoda also had his moments🙂

I like them both, although I do prefer Star Wars.
I've enjoyed the new Star Trek movies though.
I think the casting is pretty damned spectacular.
Chris Pine as Kirk, and Zachary Quinto as Spock, are perfect.
I don't think they could have found a better Bones than Karl Urban, either.
I think JJ Abrams gave the franchise the much-needed shot in the arm.

No! I am not going to choose and you can't make me!

Old Star Wars, new Star Trek

Star Wars is ok, but it’s all based on nonsense religion crap
Star Trek is simply more realistic

Babylon 5!

godef Level 7 Aug 22, 2018

@jc2018 Nothing like engaging in a good story to get through something like that.

@jc2018 Well I hope yr doing better!

Better than Star Trek or Star Wars.

I love both. Classic Star Trek is watchable over and over. Star Wars is my childhood. Can't choose.

Oh absolutely. That opening theme song and the crawl away captions still hits me right in the feels.

If you are talking about the original Star Trek it was absurd but the actors played those roles and said those ridiculous lines in those cheesy sets in such a way that all are still beloved today.
On edit -
Star Wars came out when I was around 12. It was perfect at that point. All of the first trilogy released was a bit of modern myth.

The other tales are not nearly as captivating IMHO.

I like both but I prefer Star Wars. However the Marvel universe movies are my favourites by far.

Star Trek, especially The Next Generation. I heard someone describe the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars as "science fiction versus science fantasy." I kind of like that descriptive comparison.

I can appreciate both, but Star Trek gives us societal goals.

Trek is more scientifically plausible.

Star Wars, I think, has more action. Star Trek has neater exploration and sciency stuff.
Star Trek is much easier to nerd out on!

I like them both, leaning more on Star Trek. That said, Does anyone remember Babylon 5?

I'm rewatching B5 right now. ?

They both have their own merit. As for a marathon viewing. I have run (home theater) Star Wars (about twenty hours) but could not imagine running a Star Trek marathon. As nobody has requested one and I have have several requests to run another Star Wars marathon.

Star Wars.

I love Star Trek because of the philosophical and sociopolitical aspects of the show. The moral quandaries they commonly find themselves in and how they get out of them are always interesting to see. Basically, every series of ST has plenty of moments that always leaves me thinking.

Trek has a deeper inventory and cool captains.

Wow surprised at the results.

Harrison Ford > Shatner.

I'm not surprised, at all.
Harrison Ford, any day, over Shatner.

Shatner is and ever will be a...tool.

I love Patrick Stewart in everything.

Harrison Ford was way better in the Indiana Jones movies imo

Where's the They're both awesome! Answer -__-

I like them both for different reasons. Star Trek makes me think. Star Wars lets me have fun.

Star Trek showed what humanity can be like if we all worked together for the common good.

Neither right now. They've both jumped the shark.

But I prefer Star Trek in the grand scheme of things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:161514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.