Agnostic.com

62 12

Have you ever been the athletic type or super good at sports?

I’ve never been good at sports. I never even played them in High School, but I do go to the gym and workout daily during the week, though because I do see it as necessary to stay healthy.

EmeraldJewel 7 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All my life. 4 letter varsity sport winner in high school. Got credit for phys ed in college for winning a pushup contest. Will leave it there.

I don't know if I'd say "super good", I mean I don't wear a cape ?

Yes. Past : Volleyball team. Won both knock-hockey and jacks tournaments. Pretty good at tennis. Lone time runner. Done some rock climbing and zip lining. And play a pretty good game of racquetball a couple times a week ! Along with much bicycle riding .

I skipped my way through high school, danced around hall monitors, hopped into my car when no one was looking, and raced away from the place that refused to teach...

I was an athlete in my youth and worked as a fitness trainer. I still do extreme training, gymnastics, weights, cross fit. It complements my life as an academic for a holistic approach.

I’ve got no speed or agility, can’t run/jump/climb for shit. I blame it on the scars on my calves where mom kept putting socks too tight on me as a baby for a while and it cut off the circulation. I get shin splints within the first few hundred yards if I try to run.

Ive got good aim/strength/coordination. I was good at half court basketball. Now I lift weights, do yard/farmwork, yoga and practice with martial arts weapons for exercise. Swimming and drumming are the most fun ways to exercise if I can swing it but I don’t often get to do either at the moment.

When I was in the 6th grade, I was not thought of as a good kick ball player until one time when I nailed the ball and it went sailing. After that, I was always one of the first people picked. That was my academic sport highlight.

Sure. I was a pretty solid athlete. Played football and hockey primarily but wrestled and did about 7 track events, some at a decently high level. University teams were options for me but I didn't have THAT much drive and the scholarships are lame for athletics in Canada. Hockey was the only sport I was driven enough to even consider and none of the paths to the pros were college/university. I was smart enough to realize my chances were not good enough at a career in sport.
I used to do the odd triathlon when a buddy was entering one that was going to be near where I worked and he could bring me a bike.
I still play hockey a few times a week, golf and occasionally find a softball or volleyball league to join.

Sports kind of always been the focal point for me so I do whatever whether I know the rules or not but where I grew up we had to participate in everything or we didn't have enough for a team.

Nope. I have never been really good at things that require good coordination and dexterity.

I was ok, but never excelled, at quite a few (enough to make the team), soccer, tennis, table tennis, cross country running, sprinting

Played Rugby for house & school for five years.

Coldo Level 8 Aug 24, 2018

I’m passably good at most sports but never really had the drive to take it to the next level. There are just too many more interesting things to do with my time.

I played racquet sports enough for rec league level, but I was not an athlete. Satisfied my competitive urges via chess, debate, and pocket billiards - and I was pretty good at each.

Tried out for basketball, once - made statistician

I played football, fast-pitch softball, volleyball, and racquetball -- was a decent player, but never a super athlete. I still lift heavy weights at the age of 81

I was always uncoordinated as a teenager. I didn't much like to p;lay sports with the exception of swimming.

Yes, I was in soccer, softball, cheerleading, track, gymnastics, and bicycling, but was also into art, drama, languages and debate. I used any free time I had in school to do extracurricular activities. I’m not so motivated these days lol

I once raved for nine days, dancing non stop throughout, except a four hour sleep somewhere in the middle. Does that count??

I've always had good eye/hand coordination and thus, am pretty good at most sports. Supposedly, it's a trait shared by ISTP personality types.

I've been described as half jock/half nerd which I think is pretty accurate.

Nope. My brother was the jock, I was the nerd. Closest I've been to athletic was at uni, when I was an enthusiastic drug taker who also regularly rehearsed/performed in a death metal band. Then I looked like a shaven headed Iggy Pop. Now a weekly kickboxing class is my nod towards fighting the flab.

I was a pretty good runner in school and I used to lift weights on a regular basis back in the late 1980's but that is as far as my 'sport' thing went.

Good for you.

I’m like the Michael Jordan of not playing sports. ?

But seriously, I played soccer for many years and was decent for the teams I was on. Most of the teams I played on were terrible with coaches that really had little to know idea what they were doing. It took many, many years, but when I figured out what sort of effort I had to apply to get better, I feel I became a solid member of my team. Now I ride my bicycle for exercise.

Never any good, but always active outdoors still love long hikes in the woods.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.