Agnostic.com

8 6

We learn our lessons the hard way

My teenage son is tasked with taking the trash to the dump. He’s usually pretty good about it, until he’s not. Last week he loaded the trash in his trunk, drove off, and then went somewhere other than the dump.

Can you see where I’m going with this? Yep, his decision to leave it in the trunk was a very bad one. In South Carolina, in 100* heat, with the windows closed, sitting in the garage. You think that boy will ever leave the trash in his trunk again? I can’t even walk past it without gagging.

helionoftroy 7 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

?. Poor kid.
I was thinking of making a group for parents of teens.
I have a social butterfly and chronically happy “live in the moment” high school senior. We are about to start the college application process. Her GPA is 2.9786. I’m scared.… ?

I just created one. I was thing about it after posting this story. Ha! great minds think alike!

@helionoftroy what’s the name so I can join?

@BeccaVa parenting teenagers

IS that a good GPA score? Just curious what the GPA system is like in the US.

Okay I read that she is average and she needs to be aiming for a 3.5-4.0 as a college applicant... there is still time for her and her extracurriculars may be factored in as well as her SAT results.

ouch.....

Vinegar and sunshine usually work. Good luck. May have to remove any carpet

Dumpster fire!

godef Level 7 Aug 25, 2018

Blech. Kids are stubborn. Maybe dump a bottle of febreeze in there (after the garbage is out).

He got a can of ozone stuff. It worked for a minute but as soon as he got back in after an hour it still stunk.

@trblemaker there was plastic lining the trunk, because you know it’s being used to haul trash, that may have saved the carpet in the trunk. I don’t know because I don’t want to open the trunk.

It is a prolific few that are able to heed advice and learn from other's mistakes. Often, the best lesson is one's own experience and its reaping -I agree. This is a realm of consequence for which our fore-brains are well evolved to anticipate. I myself experience anticipatory regret sometimes because I know I will reap negativity and pursue it anyways for the moments benefit.

Glad it's his car not yours I'm betting.

Oh I don’t ever use my car to haul garbage to the dump.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162896
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.