Agnostic.com

2 0

QUESTION The Clergy Project - Religious Leaders Beyond Belief

While browsing around, I found this site dedicated to helping former leaders of religious faiths integrate back into society as non-believers. I found it fascinating and absolutely apropos to the discussions we have here.

Shawno1972 7 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The rumour mill has it that more than one cleric/pastor/priest has been outed as a result of sharing their unbelief. Might explain the light traffic. They're a tough crowd to help out; I tried with my own web site/forum and failed miserably. Its carcass still exists as a subdomain of mine: [niceguyjim.com]

Many are still in their existing roles, and coming out would devastate their lives.

I didn't realize it has outed people. And sorry to hear your website didn't work so well. For people who do need it, it's a lifesaver.

@BackToReality - I don't know if it was the clergy project's site per se... just that some had been outed by zealots who somehow figured it out, clergy project or not. In a phone call with one of the site's admins, she explained that these people are very careful about who they talk to.

It's a very supportive community, but the forums are not very active. Lots of good stuff in the archives though. I definitely recommend for any unbelieving clergy or ex-clergy to join it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.