Agnostic.com

26 2

What made you smile today?

I talked to my mother today and that made me smile.

helionoftroy 7 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a piece of aluminum foil that should have gone in the trash can. but I'm a cat mom, I rolled it into a ball and tossed it, now the cat has carried it both up and down stairs and has been batting it around floors where ever I am. I love their teeny tiny little minds and obsessions.

My pup has a squeaky toy that she hasn't been able to kill yet. She cracks me up when she attacks it, and she was particularly spirited about it today.

dkp93 Level 8 Aug 26, 2018

I had a riding lesson, helped my daughter give her horse a bath, and played with our donkey foal. The horses and donkey are so sweet, fun and goofy. I can't help but smile. Watching the little chicks and ducklings are fun too. Farm life is a lot of work, but so much fun.

Hearing from a particular someone from here ?

I wonder who that was...

@JeremyTaylor I will never tell. But I think you know him very well. ?

@graceylou I think we all know who it is 😉

@helionoftroy But but but, it’s top secret!!!

@graceylou move along, nothing to see here! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

@JeremyTaylor I’d rather join him behind the curtain. Sounds fun.

A beautiful picture of someone special just did it for me ?

I woke up smiling. Dreamt I was visiting a tibetan monastery and they had a selection of giant bubble wands and a stone basin full of multicolored bubble juice. Woke up smiling.

A video on fb that was a compilation of dogs, who had behaved badly, and their reactions to being confronted woth evidence by the owners. I got some good laughs...the best of today... but at the same time, it reinforces to me that animals are quite intelligent and have a significant emotional landscape (so, a bit of awe).

Hung out with my brother-in-law this afternoon (sister is out of town) and we hit the pool, grilled burgers (Beyond Meat for me, topped with almond pepper jack "cheese" ) and watched football. A smile day all around.

Chatting with one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He always makes me smile!

I made myself smile. I'm starting to gather good information on how I can tackle my debt. Very proud of myself for finally doing the work of starting to turn this around, and seeing there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

For you!

@SukiSue Thank You, I will save them for tomorrow.

Someone sent me a random unexpected silly face first thing this morning.

A special person in my life 🙂

When my 12 year old son walks up to me and say, “ I didn’t give you your hug today yet.” And tells me how much he loves me. My boys are amazing.

89 yr old lady came ED w broken ankle and hip .. she broke while playing bowling last evening . In the company of her 76 may I add , boyfriend . After she was stabilized etc , I asked her :" bowling ?? I mean , mercy , it's Sunday night and u needed be in bed !". She said " u ain't my mother kiddo , I had good time ". I asked her many things about life b4 i let her sleep w some morphine . I am about go bed my self , and still smiling . Wow , just wow . I thought I was Alive ?? Wow .

Actually yesterday, but brand new butterflies are cool.

my floofy ratato roommate....he makes me laugh and smile everyday...

This evening I ran three miles, for the first time in over six weeks due to unhealthy wildfire smoke.

I felt overjoyed! The air was clear (12 ppm.)

Good company during, what I call a "mystery tour" - when you get in the car and just go, with no destination in mind.

I got on my indoor bike and found on you tube a bike ride across the George Washington bridge. I haven't been to New York and this is something I will do again. It was like being there.

My 9 year old's job is to feed/water the chickens. Today one of them escaped and I enjoyed watching him catch her...very cute

one of my cats was watching me sleep. i woke up and caught her at it. that made me smile.

g

I smile at my students when they ask me questions. It is a hard things to do and I want to make it easier for them.

Driving from Plymouth to Lymington (UK) without getting caught in a shit load of bank holiday traffic 🙂

Today started out rough. Not many smile opportunities yet so far.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.