Agnostic.com

31 1

I suspect a scammer in my messages, what should I do?

Some warning signs pop up when a person claims to have a higher education but uses incorrect or weird sentence structure, repeats words like “interesting”, person says “dear” or “sweetie” and “hugs and kisses” or “xoxoxox” assuming you don’t have a problem with it. They claim they have the freedom to relocate anywhere because of “contracting” for their job. They attempt to redirect questions. Then they get all righteous and butt hurt with you because you want to be honest letting them know this sounds familiar and claim they may sound like a scammer.

What should be done?

• 8 votes
  • 31 votes
  • 15 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 9 votes
MyLiege 7 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Report them! Case closed!

This is one of those report, block and ignore situations. If they are scammers they will be outed and dealt with eventually. There is no reason to dick around with them and it keeps you out of the crapstorm that goes along with trolls and scammers. Of course if you enjoy the drama, have at. I just don't see any good reason for it myself.

AmyLF Level 7 Jan 19, 2018

Perhaps you and I are chatting with the same man?? I have been wondering the same about 2 who are messaging me. I'll message you privately 🙂

get stuck into them. adds a bit of fun.

Oh no ! I have a flood of them on facebook. I hate that it is happening to you here.

Tell him to put out or get out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.