Agnostic.com

14 2

Do you have a long one or a short one?

My fuse to anger if longer than most people. Having such a long fuse often gives people the idea that I am a pushover. Do you have a long stem, short, or somewhere in between before you explode?

• 2 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 14 votes
Shelton 8 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I usually anger LONG before I let people know about it

It really depends. I can have both depending on the circumstances.

Depends on what is going on, and how much I need to be involved.

generally I try to use nice until I run out of it. when you're out of it, well you're out of it. yet, when I see that nice isn't going to be effective, I set it aside and save it for those who could use it later.

Well put.

It takes a lot to make me really angry. When I hit that point I don't explode -- I just get quieter and quieter. Finally, if the nonsense continues I may blow up, or I may just quietly remove the person from my life. For the last few years I have mostly been angry about the continued rape of our country and the idiots who are getting away with it because they have hurt/killed so many people and couldn't care less unless they themselves get hurt, too.

I rarely get mad. When I do it is becsuse it has simmered. Then I border on irrational. It brings on my flight response instead of fight because I feel so out of control mentally. It has happened a hand ful of times with a couple of people.

Me too.

I used to think that I had a short fuse but I actually have a long fuse.....I tend to simmer.

Didn't even know I am supposed to have one !!

I have a very long fuse that usually explodes into tears at the end lol

And there was me thinking this was going to be todger related.

For the want of a better phrase I have the patience of job when at work but outside of that an increasingly short tolerance of fuckwits 🙂

It's pretty long for the most part, but when it blows it blows.

I've gotten to the point where I will call out people for being jerks in public though. .

This right here...

No fuse. I turn and walk away.

Depends on the situation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.