Agnostic.com

18 4

Red state or blue state?

I hypothesize that more folks from “red” states are on this website looking for other non-believers. Whereas folks in “blue” states meet more like-minded folks in their daily life. So, where do you live?

• 22 votes
  • 22 votes
PhitDoctor50 7 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Scary red...

Moved from a blue state a few years ago when I was red, to a reddish state. Now I'm blue, living in that state , which is now leaning purplish.

I am from Western New York State, but I now live in semi-rural Georgia. If there was a god that was good, he get would get me out of here! ????

I live in Florida in a county that voted Obama in twice and yet Trump won.

But there is a beach that we can swim in when the bacteria levels are low enough.

Live in a blue county in a blue state, Oregon. Oregon has a high number of people who identify in religious preference as "none". Last poll I saw has us a 45% non religious. So don't feel much pressure from religious people. I do attend a Unitarian Universalist church that has a active humanist group, and is free thinker friendly. Majority of church are atheist, humanist, or agnostic.
My large family is also non religious. So, I don't have the pressure that red state people have. And have no desire to go back to the midwest state where I grew up in, and most of the people there are religious, racist, and bigots. Have nothing in common with them.

Need to show a purple state. Missouri is in transition and may turn this election year.

I live in a super red state with red highlights. I wouldn't be surprised if your hypothesis was correct. I feel very unable to meet people I can click with on any regular basis.

@SACatWalker Indian Paintbrush and The granddaddy of them all 🙂

I live in a Blue state, but a Red county 😟.

Red Georgia here. All statewide offices are held by Republicans, 10 out of 14 US Reps are Republican, and both houses of the Legislature are nearly 2 to 1 Republican.

Ditto for me in Newton County, Ga.

Is Newton still red locally? It went for Clinton in '16, and for Obama in '12. I'm in Gwinnett, which shifted hard to Blue at the top of the ticket, but stayed Republican elsewhere.

I voted 'blue state', but New Mexico is actually a bluish state. It is also listed as the 18th most religious state and my city takes the prize as the most religious in the state and our county is decidedly red. We survive.

One of the few blue counties in Ohio

I live in a weird place, Maine. While there are other atheists and agnostics here, most people are still very religious. I think it has a lot to do with the climate and history of Northern New England. There are at least 9 established churches in my town of 3,500, a cult ( and I do mean a legit cult) retreat camp, and at least 5 seasonal churches that operate in the spring summer and early fall in the town. I was raised Roman catholic, my church was about a 4 minute walk from my house.

WHAT?!?! No purple option? I'm in the red part of WA state. What a challenge!!!

@silverotter11 -- Tough to find a red spot in Washington state unless you're in Clallam or somewhere in the west or south of the state. Surely you didn't select it because of that.

@evidentialist Mold and mildew allergies got me to move from the Seattle area to the high desert plateau. I did not research the political nature of eastern WA. Had I done that I might not have moved over the hill. Now the traffic and housing is to much to even think about dealing with.

I live in the reddest of red states - Texas but I live in a liberal city (Austin) so I don't see all the effects of living in a red state. In spite of it all I still love Texas and especially Austin, my favorite city in the US.

@david7wk -- Yes, Austin, an oasis in a sea of red. Love Austin.

I think NH is a blue state Democratic senators and house members. Republican governor

Although Rhode Island is one of the bluest states, it is also one of the most Catholic states. For many years, there have been politicians here who have political philosophies conservative enough to be 'centrist' Republicans, but know they will never get elected without a "D" next to their name. There are also successful Republicans representing the more 'affluent' communities.

I live in a state that is blue and red. The Eastern portion is red and the western part very blue. Actually, both regions are polka dotted with a little of the other mixed into the dominate color.

My portion is deep blue with a few sprinkles of red.

I think most states are like that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.