Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK A neuroscientist explains what tech does to the reading brain - The Verge

I find this very true for me. I skim the headlines. Read short pieces and longer works I send to pocket for later but seem to never get there. I do read novels. But I do feel like the author did that I need to retrain my brain for longer attention.

Ubergooroo 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So this perception I have had that people are getting more superficial, less patient, and less able to think critically is not just my imagination. It's real and it's linked to the use of technology. This is something that the Principal in the school where I work should know. She is trying to get everyone to go 100% digital. She went so far as to take all of the paper out of the copy room. If a teacher wants to print or copy a document, they now have to remember to bring paper to the machines. I call it zombie leadership.

I prefer to hold a book in my hand. There something to be said about that. I also like that new book smell.

Great article. Thanks for sharing. And I absolutely concur. I enjoy the speed reading I can do with my Kindle word options but nothing feels more comfortable than a book in my hand. So having experience in both really exemplifies the variable.

I started to skim read the article...then I slowed down. 🙂

I do not like ebooks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.