Agnostic.com

65 7

How long should you go without sex before giving up?

#sex
Wyattpa 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

About twenty years after death would seem reasonable.

If you pay attention, the best sex you will ever have is with yourself, IMO, because nobody cares like you!

Never. Always keep trying.

I will infer you don't use self gratification (masterbation) as a mental and hormonal balancer and associate both sexual desire and emotional intimacy as one and the same?

How unfortunate for you.

I can admit that I have not had a consistent physical sexual partner for over years now. But that is not to say that I lack physical or emotional intimacy nor a positive sexual drive.

Somewhere along the way I consistently found that others were lacking. Not willing to spend the time to really get to know each other. Or worse, it was very clear that those I had bas luck at dating were more interested in what car I drove, where I was taking them for dinner, or what I was going to them.

after over ten years off and on throught out my 20s I learned a few things for whatever reason I was attracted to one of two people. Those who it would turn out where not sexually attracted to my sex, or those already in a committed relationship.

"They seemed easier to talk to, to enjoy conversations with and to go out and have fun". Bit where it ended was a clear boundry where there was no intimacy or physical connection allowed.

Once a year I use to (it has been about five years since I stopped torturing myself) I would sign out for those dating websites where you go through about 40-60 questions and personality tests.

Each time it would come back with, "in our database of over 6 million members we found only 1% are a match for you.

That is when I realized that I needed to start with learning to love myself before I could love others. Being alone shouldn't mean you are alone. You've got yourself, learn to love the quite times and care for you.

So what I learned was to love myself and to put my energy into improving me, supporting me, and leading my life to benefit my welfare and those I loved. Even if it meant not finding another to share it with.

And maybe someday others will come along who see the same or they won't..

Until then, I have books to read, games to , and projects to work on and I am damn will going to put my heart and soul into it. Because I want to prove to myself that yeah, I am awesome.

And you can be too. Fall in love with yourself again.. and maybe others just might see that glow you have, if you shine bright enough.

What do you mean "giving up"

zesty Level 7 Feb 23, 2019

I never give up. Sometimes it happens when least expect it

It seems that I have no cut off. It has been two or three without any sexual partner and 13 without any actual intercourse. I could never have imagined this possibility in my younger days, but here I am. I guess I used up my quota when I was younger.

Its been 2 years

It depends on your dedication your partner. My late husband was incapable for the last few years of our marriage but he was also the only one I wanted while he lived. Now without that commitment, I don't want go any longer than it takes find a serially monogamous partner. I just cannot wrap my mind around polyamory relations.

"Never give up on a good thing
Remember what makes you happy"
By George Benson

30 minutes

Did this post get you any pity sex?

Asking for a friend.

SCal Level 7 Jan 6, 2019

What do you mean by giving up? And why are we going without sex?

Half a second

You could always go to a brothel. No need to go without sex. Life’s hard enough without going without that! ????

You should just masturbate and not be obsessed with sex.

I've been without for quite a few years now, even in my last relationship i was very lonely. Im not sure if its a matter of whether there is some sort of time period involved. Depends on if you find someone else, if you're lucky enough go for it!

Almost a year and couldn't handle it anymore ! Then I unexpectedly met someone who I got intimate with for a few months. He reminded me of what I had been missing out on ! Found out he has a GF, although he is not happy so I continue to see him. I'm too old to walk away from a good thing. Nothing is perfect. I'm surprisingly okay with this for now. Amazing how you start to think differently as you get older .

I gave up over 4 years ago. Its been great. I actually get sick almost just thinking about sex. Lol. Weird right? I've been so disappointed with it for so many years I acquired an almost disgust for it. Friends tel me to just have sex and not have the relationship part that is probably my real problem. That doesn't work either. One have at it and things start to change. FWB doesn't work. Women start having "feeling" then shit goes down hill. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I guess my disappointed with relationships over the years has soured my soul. Lol.

Never give up

lerlo Level 8 Dec 17, 2018

I'll not give up.

Dude - Its bad for your health to go without for a long time.

Never give up !

Mets Level 6 Nov 22, 2018

1 hour

What do mean by "should"? That implies you're coming from standard base. By who's standard?
There is no base. There is no should. There are no rules. It's a completely individual choice.

Don’t.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.