Agnostic.com

3 1

QUESTION 'Ooh-ee!' says Texas Tourniquet Killer in lethal injection - BBC New

Whats's your take on Death Penalty in US? What about the victims? What's the purpose of Death Penalty? Who benefits from it? What's the over all reason of bringing criminals to justice? I do want to think that the purpose of Criminal Justice system is to reform citizens who break the laws into better responsible citizens--in that after they serve their sentence--they return to communities and serve their Nation. Is this the case with US?

Humanlove 7 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hear what your saying..... but the death penalty is reserved for those extreme crimes. I agree with you on crimes like possession of pot a few other drugs. Stealing, battery, abuse is another story. Can't be trusted.

Executing a really bad person for doing something really horrific is ok with me. At least its not per se wrong in my book. But here's the rub... you got to be damn sure. And that's a serious problem in most cases. Innocent people are being framed for convenience and expedience (sometimes by accident) and wrongfully executed all the time. That IS always a problem. As a practical matter, therefore, its probably the best public policy to not do it at all.

Our Innocence project has been uncovering case after case of police lying and prosecutors behaving unethically just to get the numbers up. People are being cleared as matters of actual fact by DNA. This is a national shame and an embarrassment. IMHO, of course.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.