Agnostic.com

10 1

What makes someone a good friend?

thinkwithme 7 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Helps you bury the body, or guerilla plant a tree in the middle of the night.
Doesn't care how messy or clean your house is.
Not looking for what's "wrong" with you. Accepts you warts and all.

A friend helps you move. A good friend helps you move a body.

Growing up we invited the son of my parent's close friends over regularly (after we moved away from the couple). He was in the A.F. and a really fun guy. I loved him. He picked up a hitchiking couple in the desert who tried to rob him and he went into defense mode, killing both of them. He did, in fact, call a friend at the base to help him bury the bodies. The friend wasn't told what happened until he got there so he helped and turned in the guy when getting back to the base. The son went to jail and died after many years. Life is a difficult process but reporting the killing of people, for any reason, should not be one of them. Yes, by all means do that. What law does from then on is not on the person who reported what they experienced. That was merely doing one's duty as an ihnabitent. The Jury decides who's telling an honest experience and why it happened at all.

Mourning my son

Dakota means friend ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

Being able to accept someone for who they are, not who you want them to be.

Right. If who they are becomes a problem, for any reason, then we are also right to let them fly without us. That doesn't mean we banish them with extreme prejudice for they are also being whom they must be. It is merely a declaration that their interests are no longer, or never were, that of the other and time is precious. We should not waste it on what can not do us any good.

I’ve had friends for 30 years and months can go by without us talking but we just pick up right where we leave off. No explanations needed.

They got your back in good and bad times.

Time. Time together--sharing experiences, talking, living.

Always there for you. Always, no matter what. Knows you and all your crazy and still likes to hang.

Always there to listen and offer support. Best gift a soul can have.

Knows all of you, the good AND the bad, and still accepts you unconditionally.

There when you need them … and gone when you don’t 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:166813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.