Agnostic.com

19 1

Pillow talk: ever discuss academic subjects?

If not, what's the weirdest subject you've discussed with your SO in bed?

TheAstroChuck 8 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YES! My wife and I had many very interesting discussions on genetics, evolution, entropy, universal constants. It was delightful. Having her look at me in the afterglow and say something about the heat death of the universe was magic.

Only in my dreams. I'm in school for cultural anthropology and I obsess over obscure tribes and their rituals. Trying to share that has never really worked out in my favor so I just keep going to school.

once my wife and I, during a build up, not foreplay but before that, had a really cool discussion about cultures in which men hitting on "taken" women was normal, and guys were considered weak for trying to stop it, because it meant they didn't think their woman would stay with them in the face of competition.

I hope some day you get to experience that. it was wonderful.

What's interesting me are your studies. Is that your major?

yes ... but i hate when i have to get up to verify some fact or even just the spelling of some condition.

I find I'm discussing Donald Trump and the decay of global democracy a lot nowadays. Does that count?

World literature. We both love it. I miss him. We broke up.

Astronomy.
Grave digging and murder on behalf of groundbreaking anatomists and surgeons in Scotland.

Livia Level 6 Aug 31, 2018

@TheAstroChuck I like weird stuff like John Dee (Mathmatician, alchemist, and diviner to Elizabeth I of England) Francis Bacon, mostly history and esoterica. I am reading some Aleister Crowley poetry at the moment. think I had just read a book about Burke and Hare when I had that conversation.

I have discussed DNA, while falling asleep. Sweet nothings whispered in My ear.

We didn't talk much, just got busy.

I once gave a dissertation on rogue waves in a water bed.

@TheAstroChuck
We boxed the compass...and compassed the box! ?

I've tried. So far, the eyes just glaze over and they want to shut me up by ''making love' again.

@TheAstroChuck Also a good way to get the necessary 'intermission'... 😛

Wondered if duck's butts get cold in winter pond water. I mean, they do, right?

Not when their cute little feathered butts have migrated South. 🙂

@KissedbySun Well I'll be. Thanks for that!

I can't even. Those talks have ranged so far and spontaneous, there is no way I remember the topics of the best of them, just the wonder of exploring thoughts so effortlessly. This was mostly long long ago when minds were young, uninhibited and very curious.

Oh definitely the colour and composition of the new guitar being ordered will it have a bar of white or black at the top and bottom.

Probably politics.

Oh definitely talked academic, physics, astronomy, architecture, engineering, chemistry, biology, philosophy, and many more.

I don't consider any of those to be that weird myself.

Which is the weirdest of the kids? My Job in the Military was "Classified". Never brought it home. She will find out from the wives of other co-workers but nothing from me. I never confirmed or denied anything.

Only mathmatics, and always the same. How many times will one go into one. ?

Yes, of course. My longtime partner had two Ph.D.'s and was the world's expert in her field. We did it all the time. Smart is hot, it doesn't go dumb in the bedroom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.