Agnostic.com

29 4

What’s the worst break up you’ve had?

What’s the worst way someone has broken up with you?

ekon1227 4 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The ones l didn't initiate!

In terms of relationships and dating I have done the breaking up.... in terms of talking and going to date I would say a guy just ghosting or disappearing is annoying or a first date where a guy treated me like I had some contagious disease and kept a firm distance on the subway as we went home were the worst. I know it's not what you asked but still wanted to contribute something! heh

Two options to pick from:

My ex-wife left me two weeks after I got a vasectomy for our five year anniversary - she'd had some psychological issues around having children and just generally, so I thought she'd be much happier if I did the deed. She was - happy enough to realize she couldn't be happy with me anymore.

The second option was a sub I had who conned me out of $40K of my life savings (not too long after the divorce), and cheated on me with another man...in the same hotel room I was staying in, while I was present, after I asked her not to. I now have PTSD, particularly bad flashbacks, and have been ostracized from a giant group of friends we shared in gaming, because they believed she could do no wrong.

I should mention the second one became a stalker, including making fake accounts on places like OkCupid to try to convince me I was the one who caused her to cheat on me.

I've only had one break up ever so, obviously, it's the worst one. While it has been painful, continuously so, it's also been extremely easy compared to some I've witnessed. My [ex]wife (still legally married) and I still live together but considered ourselves separated. She is currently dating and I am here.

We decided to do it this way to keep our home together for our boys. Being in the same house day in and day out has been the hard part, constantly being reminded of what was lost.

We started dating in high school, moved in together immediately after high school, and got married six years later. We were married for just over ten years when we decided to separate two years ago.

I'm a grandmother, so understand that I am concerned for your babies. How does this appear to them, are you being good role models? What happens if she finds someone she loves? If I am out of line I apologize, I know it is a hard situation, you have my sympathy.

@HippieChick58 We have a hard and fast rule that exactly zero "others" are to be introduced to the boys until things are sufficiently advanced to warrant it. We are very much working together to ensure our boys are protected.

Not to mention, I feel like the whole thing is, potentially, an object lesson for the idea that not every end to a relationship need be acrimonious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.