Agnostic.com

9 1

Why isn't our voting day a National holiday? Why can't we mail our votes in like absentee voters?

Marine 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Isn't voting regulated by individual states?

I vote by mail in every election. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be an option for you also if you're registered. Although, the option might very well be different for each state.

As for the national holiday thing, I'm with you on that. It keeps getting talked about by politicians but, no one ever moves on it.

Duke Level 8 Jan 20, 2018

Good questions. It should be a national holiday IMO. Mailing in votes could open up the process to more fraud, but it seems more feasible to be able to vote online rather than snail mail.

We're voting using a system designed for the late 18th Century.

Oregon has had vote by mail for several years. Think it works well. Pretty high percent of the people who have voted. Can't talk to other US states.

It's almost like they don't want us to vote.

Absolutely!

Well, in my state, Arizona, I am on the early ballot list, so I do mail in my vote. I agree about the National Voting Day, tho.

Voting in the USA was always for the privileged. Even as women, minorities, non property owners were allowed the right, access has always been an issue... one might say on purpose to keep the privileged being the majority of those who actually can vote.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16832
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.