Agnostic.com

12 0

Life and Taxes

If you were allowed to the option not to ever pay taxes again, would you?

if yes or no enlighten us as to, WHY?

• 7 votes
  • 12 votes
Aaron89 4 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Voted yes. I like roads, fire and police departments, public schools, and social safety nets, funding for basic research, and consumer protection. I am resigned to the need of a standing military but question how much the US spends on such things. There are places I would like to see the budget cut alla 'Dave' as unlikely as that may be.

@MichaelSpinler well darn... lol! Wiping egg off my face.

only greedy selfish people do not want to pool their money for the common good. in fact we do not pay enough taxes in our 3 levels of govt here in canada [federal, provincial and municipal ] to pay for the programs we already have in operation . we operate at a combined deficit. we have a very small military too. just think how skewed that deficit is in the states

We need to work together. Paying our taxes is a way to do our share. Besides, how else will we have good schools to teach future leaders properly and decent roads to drive upon?

I like to pay for services I use. Police, Firefighters, Trash collecters, Highway construction workers, Park rangers, Legislators, Court workers, etc... all deserve to be paid for their services. When things like the court system are underfunded the result is often things like a regressive tax on the poor in the form of onerous court fees and excessively high bail assessments resulting in incarceration prior to sentencing and debtor's prisons.

Well, as a public school teacher, I'd be volunteering my time without taxes....

If we had decent government that used our money wisely. I find I spend a lot of time and money opposing our government. I have 2 submissions to prepare and submit in the next 3 weeks on matters where our government has wasted billions of taxpayers money. We have politicians on a base income of $156,000 a year who receive less than 1% of the primary vote. I am against income tax, the wealthy do not pay it, we have huge middle class welfare here when people may pay tax, but get so much more back in government payments and subsidies they the are more a drain on taxes then the elderly, disabled and unemployed put together. I have only worked in our not for profit sector since 1988, I do not earn much and I contribute more than my share of time and money to things I believe in, this means I am below the tax threshold, if not I juggle income and expenses between the years. Back then my kids were born, we were 4 people living on one income and I paid more tax than Alan Bond, the many time multimillionaire and bankrupt who funded our Americas Cup win. We now have a GST, basically a consumption tax of 10%, I would like to see it doubled, across the board, flat rate 20% no exemptions. Zero income tax, but high corporate tax and high pollution taxes.

I would just like the option to determine what my taxes are spent on.......

like no war and espionage, no jail complex but lots of social workers teachers and nurses

of course, because id rather have more money but it's not a realistic option.

I don't pay taxes. I have no taxable income anymore.

If you do not civilization and the need for government and the services it provides, then you can move to a 3rd world country.

Like all Americans, I receive services, and I should pay for them. I am not and do not want to be a freeloader.

Didn't you post this poll twice?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.