Agnostic.com

13 1

Just a thought, has anybody ever watched these TV programmes that have sprung up about trying to find Ghosts ??? We have one in the UK titled Most Haunted and the US show Ghost hunters, I think they are taking the piss big style and laughing all the way to the bank.. What do you think Charlestons or deluded ???

Wolfbat 6 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course it’s crap. If someone walked into the building with a loaded shotgun and said they were going to shoot in the direction of any noise - that would be the end of it. One episode.

Iffy Level 5 Jan 20, 2018

Ha Ha,that would do it.

Hi,There's a you tube with Derren Brown investigating a medium who's talking to the dead.When it came to scientific testing he declined saying it wasn't fair.Enough said.

I just watched the same thing, also turns out a really good reading the medium did was his sister's next door neighbour funny that. To tell people there dearly departed loved ones are here to talk to them should be a criminal act

I have some friends who have a hobby of debunking ghost sightings. I'm not sure what or how they do it, but they keep busy. Personally I don't believe in ghosts, never have. I think people who believe in ghosts are deluded or a few bricks shy of a full load.

Entertainment-reality tv

Fiction bordering on the charlatan edge simply because they make it look like a 'real investigation' much like the big foot or mermaid people shows. I look at it as a scripted tv show but not as funny as ancient aliens. 🙂

They do have a disclaimer at the start

Arthur C Clarke Debunked ghost years ago. I do like a good fiction movie for the effects and pretense in the idea. Has been a long time since something as interesting as poltergeist came out.

No constructive or useful information. Too much creepy background music, obvious scarey camera angles. Investigations are not inclusive as to natural causes for haunts. I believe in ghosts. As a child I encountered them. Simply enough established. I think it should end there. But I'm not a B grade actor trying to survive. Or a group of yahoos trying to be famous. Agreed

Went to the Lizzie Borden Museum (House) this Summer. As we arrived in an upstairs bedroom everyone was rubbing their arms and appeared chilled? So I asked the tour guide "Do you have Central Air"? Yes yes they did..... rofl That being said I've had my share of inexplicable experiences - but I don't think that stuff shows up on TV programs. Thought they are next door in Rhode Island so I admit a little love for them. 😉

a pile of shit

P.T. Barnum once reportedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute." And an old saying states, "That a fool and his money are soon parted."

With cell phone cameras and the Internet, all these "manifestations" would have been outed long ago. Only those illogical and or ignorant could still believe in unseen nonsense. Now aliens yes because of evolution and that enormous universe out there. I just don't believe in the way humans believe in aliens. If I was an alien monitoring earth, would I even bother?

One more point. It was proven fifty years ago that if a person sees an unidentified moving object fleetingly, that the brain automatically assigns a known answer to it. For example, if you are in the house and have a pet, your brain assigns the answer pet to the unfamiliar object.

An imaginative and or frightened person would think of a ghost or the latest villain from the last watched horror show.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.