Agnostic.com

11 2

What has been your favorite travel destination and why?

Happyonearth 7 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Having travelled around the world I end up just three stations down the tracks from my home walking the Chesterfield Canal

Montauk, on the eastern tip of Long Island in New York. I used to go out two weekends a year, Spring and Fall, with a group of friends on a writing retreat. This went on for about 10 years. We'd stay at a place on the water, two blocks from the center of town, have workshops twice a day and also gather together to have meals and hang out, as well as having alone time to explore or rest. Some of the best weekends of my life.

My favorite place in the world is where I'm currently living, Songkhla, Thailand, near the beach, but my next favorite place is Sydney.

It would have to be Egypt. I studied Egyptology for three years then took myself off there to just immerse myself in it for a short while. To be able to touch the past was fantastic 🙂

I'm going to have to go with Japan, but mostly because I lived there for four years. Just an amazing overall experience: great food, great culture, very safe, technologically superior to every other country, you name it!! I've been to most of the major cities, climbed Mt Fuji, and spent a lot of time in the middle of nowhere off the map. My second favorite, which is a very close second, is Spain. The food is awesome and the people were always really nice. I got to live there for two months.

Laos. Laid back people, beautiful landscape, nice local coffee, tobacco, beer and weed.

A little island in the Philippines called Boracay. It was warm weather, white-sand beaches, bungalows, blue water, and colorful fish. It was just like Hawaii, but not as well known, so there weren't that many people there. It was awesome.

Ever thought of going back?

@Happyonearth All the time.

Japan and Scotland. My family live in both places and they are amazing countries.

New Orleans, for the history, culture, and weirdness. London, England, probably for the same reasons.

And I have to add Gamboa, Panama, because Panama is just beautiful. And Tofino, on Vancouver Island, for the spectacular whale watching.

That's a tough question to answer. I've traveled more in my life than most people ever will. Been to 49 states, been out of the country a few times.

I'd say Vegas. Reason is because there is always something going on there. Shows, concerts, etc...

Jamaica Man-been there twice. Would love to take Dan there. Laid back AND relaxing. Great ganja

@JustLynnie if you want a dynamite time check out Hedonism III in Negril. If you like to party there were more single men than women.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.