Agnostic.com

3 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree that an extreme event in the US (an attack, a disaster, an economic crash, etc) will consolidate and accelerate the dismantling of democracy. Remember the department of Homeland security was initiated quickly after 9-11.

Watched about half, classic Naomi, preaching to the converted. It's not the wisdom of the ages, just self promotion. It is going to take a massive shock to get this country out of the corporate death spiral it's been on since Reagan. How it will play out, I have no idea.

Naomi Klein has made a career of positing how the USA was just about to turn into the Third Reich. I'm no fan of Trump, but anything from Naomi Klein is best taken with a large dose of salt. 🙂

And yet she seems to have all her facts in order. Do you have data to refute her claims or show that she's wrong?

Imo, naomi klein should be listened to with great confidence. Naturally, those who support unfettered industrial capitalism want to believe in anyone but naomi. As usual truth is the enemy of the ignorant.

@OpposingOpposum Not claiming she's wrong, she's just made a career out of belabouring the obvious to make dire predictions. It's made her rich. The idea that governments use emergencies to grab power is hardly some profound observation for example, it's been the case forever. I'll write more later. Trump is a disaster, not contesting that.

@Druvius It's not something that's publicly addressed or activily fought againt anywhere near enough. We need people writing books and speaking and motivating everyone to take an interest and get involved. Personally I am greatly annoyed by the automatic attack on anyone calling out the corrupt ass system we live in. "But she's making a living out of writing these books!" Wtf do you want her to do, starve so she can prove how "pure" her intentions are? Pffft

@OpposingOpposum Well, sorry I tried to discuss this. Carry on.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.