Agnostic.com

26 18

QUESTION This is the most hauntingly beautiful song

Marina Kaye is a french singer that a friend of mine turned me on to. Her voice is so beautiful. And, she's only 19!

dziner05 3 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok one more

Great voice.

Great singer - here's a beautiful number from Sia..

Great thread,there is something abot a very powerful about a great female singer, Paloma Faith is my current favourite,tremendous vocals that makes your hair stand on end.

hard to find a song of hers I don't like

Great voice@btroje

@btroje Absolutely..KD Lange has an amazing voice.

Good post, you got alot of our people posting some great talent..
Welcome !

I disagree. It is a good song. But not haunting imo. (I know semantic- sorry).
But try this :

Whole Album is a ghost house.

Thanks for this, never heard of her. I like her sound.

VERY nice ... thanks!

A beautiful one by Alanis Morissette.

Thank you for that. she is amazing

Beautiful... but she spoke of days passed so long ago... that even when I wasted my last tears shed on the wrong woman... it is still a victory for me. Beautiful and Powerful.

I LOVE THIS! Beautiful!

Duke Level 8 Jan 21, 2018

Thank you for introducing me to this artist. She does have a beautiful voice.

Beautiful voice.

I'm Your Pupit - A beautiful and simple presentation of the song by Dan Penn & Spooner Oldham

I agree with Amy Winehouse...she's unaffected in all the right ways!

cava Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

This song gives me goose bumps!

And another old but very gold recording

@GipsyOfNewSpain

@FrayedBear You founded. I was saving it. Mercedes Sosa is our Joan Baez but bigger because she was a superstar without Woodstock. They both are warriors of song and battle of the poor and the worker. Good Show Bro.

@GipsyOfNewSpain My lack of Spanish has and still hinders me and it is only recently that I have started listening. A longer favourite was Victor Jara - just writing his name brings back to memory his torture and that then results in tears in my eyes.
I see that there is a possibility of groups forming within Agnostics so I put forward two - one for lovers of our type of music to share and exchange thoughts, translations, meanings to each other to enhance understanding, maintain/ preserve the heritage and just enjoy the cameraderie. The second is a virtual passions group to exchange and share travel journeys/ siteseeing in both country and city, food and food preparation resulting in meals shared across the world, sharing of hobbies like painting, music performance, poetry, pottery, gardening etc.
Do you think you would join?

@FrayedBear Why not my friend. There was this guy... Facundo Cabral... Argentinian, he always talked on his concerts of Mercedes Sosa and Atahualpa Yupanqui. He taught himself to read and write, saw the world as folk artist that was banned from playing on certain venues because he was always in sandals... that was his early rebel days. He wrote a song that his royalties allowed to do anything he wanted. Recorded in over 26 languages by several artists. Humble and spiritual many of his work was simply poetry and jokes while playing the guitar. He lost his american wife and daughter in a plane crash to LA. I saw him in Puerto Rico in the 70's and I saw him on DC in the 2000's. After a concert in Guatemala the promoter offered him a ride to the airport... Never made it, he was gunned down by gangsters having a beef with the promoter. There is on youtube a video of his last concert. When of his songs was "poor of my boss, he thinks I am the poor" and his calling card "I am not from, either from there". He had a great powerful voice on stage. And was an artist too as I remember.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Beautiful another name to put on my list. I've now got the group "Traditional and Folkmusic" & "Passions" up and open for business."Traditional and Folkmusic" now has two members besides myself - a player from the south of England who has just put a song in the Cornish Celtic language on and another player from Donegal in Eire. I'm excited that there are a number of people hovering at the moment. Hopefully when we get a few more posts in others will flock in. How about you join "Traditional and Folkmusic" and post us some of your favourite South American artistes?

@FrayedBear I am all Ears and game bro.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
And the translation of the Sapmi lyrics can be found here:
[lyricstranslate.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.