Agnostic.com

16 2

How against religion are you?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have witnessed faith based pollution of minds, lives ruined and even lost, cultures all but completely decimated, much unnecessary human suffering, the subjugation of fact based reality all as a direct result of religion. How anybody can not recognize what a threat faith (belief without evidence) based decisions are to the future of our planet and species is beyond me. It is difficult to accept how so many people do not value truth over fiction and are not capable of appreciating the consequences of dishonest positions. So I am rather against religion.

Openly, not very. Intellectually, very much so.

I’m opposed to lies regardless of the organization. If religion told the truth about religion we would no longer have religion so as long as religion exists I’ll never be able to tolerate it.

I am not against it at all in other people. Live and let live. Just keep it out of my face.
That said, I don't understand the belief in fairy tales. Then throw in self-righteousness and pedophilia. It is atrocious. It hurts to hear that someone I respect falls for it.

I regard religion overall as a self-limiting problem that's currently taking care of itself, but I strenuously oppose the toxic mixture of religion and politics, and other forms of religion attempting to impose its dogma outside its own people.

It's a "you don't mess with me then I don't mess with you" type of relationship

I don't describe myself as an anti theist. My personal feeling there's some good people who are religious, and there's some real s*** people who are atheist agnostic.

Religion is the past, nothing much we can do about that. But I'm totally against encouraging supernatural religious beliefs going forward into the future.

Humankind would be better off with choices like ethical culture, secular humanism, and other inspiring philosophies of life that encourage lifting up the quality of life for all, ending the tribalism that most religions of the past require.

I look with pity upon believers, more or less depending on the degree of delusion. however, there are also people whose hair styles or clothing i find ugly, and i will fight to the death for their right to have whatever terrible taste they have. likewise people have the right to follow their religions, however stupid i might find those religions. the problem is, some of those people have decided that their religions require them to force ME to adhere to its rules, or even swear allegiance to it. they want religion taught as science, they want their religion's prayer performed in schools (they'd be horrified if other people's religion's prayers were performed there!) and they want ME to behave as if i were part of their religion, even though i am clearly not. i am not just a little bit against this; i am against it as strongly as i can be against anything.

g

I am not against it at all believe away in whichever delusional state one finds appealing. However public prayer is another matter.

Livia Level 6 Sep 3, 2018

I'm not against religion at all, though there are some I like less than others, ha... don't know a whole lot about it, though, and would certainly stand up and fight for the idea that everyone has a right to their own freedom of religion.

100% against all relgions.

The more fundamentalist the religion is the more I am against it. The more fundamentalist a religion is the more people seem to feel that they can control other's lives and thoughts and even ideas.

gearl Level 8 Sep 3, 2018

VERY against the main, organized religions. I don't care about Thai Buddhism and indigenous beliefs.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve, so here's some info, in case you need it.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You gain website points by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others with similar interests..

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page or at [agnostic.com].

Against it for me? one hundred percent. against it for people who believe in something i think is silly but are not harming anyone? they're entitled. against it for people who push their religion on others, whether as mildly as blessing me on a bus or as virulently as shooting abortion doctors or trying to legislate religious concepts into secular law? consider me ferocious.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.