Agnostic.com

5 12

Feeling gratitude for a tender experience

Early this year I met a man who changed my life. I didn't know that at the time. But as I got to know him, I started to like being with him and found we had an attraction to each other. Neither of us knew where this was going, but we decided to go with it, and wound up having some amazing times together... Unfortunately, it didn't last -- although he liked me, he couldn't see himself being in love with me, and it left me heartbroken... But before I met him, I didn't even think I could feel desirable in anyone's eyes, and he made me feel that I was in ways I could never imagine. I know he appreciated being with me, and in doing so he gave me a gift I will always cherish, and I'll always be grateful for the times we had... It's only recently that I've come to this understanding, and so I was also able to tell him all this now, because moving forward, even though I'm sad it's ended, it's only now giving me some closure... Because what this experience has meant, more than anything, is that it's boosted my confidence in regards to future relationships, that I finally feel worthy of being loved and desired.

bleurowz 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every relationship gives you something. You got what you needed.

I'm sorry that it ended the way it did but at least you got something positive from it.

What an inspiring story. And what a positive, adult way to look at your experience. I truly hope for you that it is a step on the path to finding a love that brings you all the joy and comfort you surely deserve.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 4, 2018

The experience you had is what I believe many of us seek. I know you'll find that feeling again. Because you project that that willingness to love and be loved I know your day is coming. cudo's to you.

That could be read in a snarky ironic tone. It wasn't sent that way. I really mean yay you!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.