Agnostic.com

90 10

What is something you ate growing up that you never ate again once you became an adult?

For me it is hog maws, chitterlings and pig feet. In our household you had to eat what your parents cooked or you didn't eat. I haven't had any of those things since moving out of my parents home.

Shelton 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sliced hot dogs in BBQ sauce and fried spam

Chicken liver. My little sister loved it, so we would try to create distractions and put it on her plate when our parents weren't looking.

My parents catered to my picky eating, but I used to eat pickled beets and margarine out of the tub. Eww.

Potato and onions

Pigs ears....My description is, disgusting

Lima beans and cow tongue.

Meat. I was raised on it, but I find it disgusting to kill and eat the carcasses of my fellow animals. So now I am a happy vegetarian.

good for you!

Limberger cheese~
keep the lid tightly closed,,PLEASE

Spaetzle. My oma used to make it.

Breakfast cereal

Sticks of Butter

Nooooo! Butter makes everything better!

@Holysocks Butter on something is great. But eating a stick of butter?

@ThisGuy
Now I see what you mean!

No butter beans, lime beans, collard greens, mustard greens, or Brussels sprouts.

Something that my mother called “Mongolian Beef.” It was basically just liver, stir-fried with veggies and served over rice. I can still remember that mealy texture that liver has. Blech!!!

SPAM

This is mine too. I know what is in it. Pass.

No one served that to me until I left home. I ate one bite. I will never do that again for anyone. I once saw leftover SPAM break a garbage disposal. The stuff is terrifying.

Black-eyed peas, for almost 2 years had them 2x a day 6 days a week because we were broke and that was what produced best in the garden.

Pickled beets. F that S.

@Shelton you are a fortunate son.

i like pickled beets

@mollygirl Me too and only pickled. lol Even as a kid.

SPAM! With Kraft mac & cheese, it was a staple in my single mother’s welfare dinners for a few years. I’d probably like it if I tried again, love salty meat, but I haven’t had it since I was about eight and my mother married my stepfather!

I shudder just typing this.... Spanish rice.

@JustLynnie
To each their own. I won't touch the stuff with a brick!

Wax beans, lima beans, and anything my parents attempted to cook. I learned to cook at an early age just so I didn't have to subject myself to shoe leather chicken or lumpy 'gravy' over toast. Now I love to cook. So it worked out well for me.

Head cheese. I was fooled once.

I literally have ''goose bumps,'' reading that. Poor you!

Goulash, Hormel canned corned beef hash, canned salmon or tuna, fried liver.

Zster Level 8 Sep 7, 2018

Liver and cube steak

Stuffed beef heart! We were poor...organ meats (heart, liver and (shiver here) tongue) were on the table at least once a week.

@Gooniesnvrdie PUKE....(she says, delicately)

Liver

Sardines, potted meat spread, liver and onions, cow tongue, kidney pie, or anything kidney, canned tamales, beets, vienna sausages.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.