Agnostic.com

90 10

What is something you ate growing up that you never ate again once you became an adult?

For me it is hog maws, chitterlings and pig feet. In our household you had to eat what your parents cooked or you didn't eat. I haven't had any of those things since moving out of my parents home.

Shelton 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments (76 - 90)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Turnips.

Dew25 Level 7 Sep 7, 2018

My Mom always said try it first then, if you didn't like it, OK. BUT, as a guest at another's house, I was raised to eat everything served. Very big deal, right? So. Organ meats and green beans, and some ocean foods, I will not eat, even to be polite. Green beans squeak on my teeth, no matter how cooked. Can't handle that!

I don't blame you for a hot minute not eating those ^ things !

The only thing I can think of... those sweet tart candies in a large disc. Although I don't even know if they make them anymore.

Necco wafers? They still make them.

@Jack_Tan No omg those are AWFUL LOL They're these (i had to look them up, it's been so long)
They no longer come in 2 pack discs, and the ones sold in the rolls aren't the same as the old ones had no coating. They were SUPER SOUR LOL

@Qualia lol I don't remeber those at all

@Jack_Tan That's because they were around long before you were born ? No idea when they discontinued them. They were like hard pressed powder. I seriously haven't had one since I was a kid in the 70's. LOL

Mackerel

Cooked until almost burned breakfast sausages.

Meat spread.

Any animal organ

Mashed potatoes.. I have 7 siblings.. We ate a lot of mp.. So. I've avoided since ...

Cabbage rolls.

Brussels sprouts. The one thing my mother didn’t make us eat. Yuck!

I learned to love brussel sprouts. My daughter halves them and fries them with bacon. Maybe it’s the bacon.... lol

Fish, liver, and Brussels Sprouts. Yuck!

Betty Level 8 Sep 7, 2018

A stick of rhubarb dipped into a bag of sugar

Chip beaf on toast. Gag

Chef Boyardee - boom!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.