Agnostic.com

15 3

What is the best bible rebuttal for John 3:16?

I sent my coworker a link today to read (see below). He replied back with John 3:16 for me to read.

What is the best bible rebuttal for John 3:16?

[heartsintrueharmony.com]

HeyHiHullo 7 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My rebuttal to John 3:16 is, "nuh-uh!"

I suppose that if you sent an unsolicited link to a course, your coworker gave you tit for tat for sending that verse, LOL!
If you don't believe the Bible, then why would you care? It's just nonsense.

But, if you want to get technical and mess with your coworker's head, you can say that, according to Strong's Concordance, an alternate version of that verse is just as valid; Because Divine energy is pleased with the adornment of the world, you give to yourself humanity, that anything and anyone that trusts in itself/themselves will never be rendered useless, but enjoys unceasing fullness of life.

[godrules.net]

Eternal life? Who has ever accomplished this? One must have lived forever to be able to say that one did or that it is possible. So time must end to say one has lived forever. If god is eternal and time has not ended then god has not lived forever. This being said how can such a promise be made?

That there are non believing Biblical scholars who debate that the gospel of John should be removed from the Bible because of how it contradicts the gospels that were written before it.

A martini at 3:17?

John 3:17? the update.

John 13:34 . It's the last supper. Jesus turns up, strips off, washes his disciples "feet", lies down with them and says "love one another as I have loved you. I never could work out whether that was Jesus telling his disciples to have universal love... or telling them to be gay... Gay jesus is very hard to unsee...

John 13:34 . It's the last supper. Jesus turns up, strips off, washes his disciples "feet", lies down with them and says "love one another as I have loved you. I never could work out whether that was Jesus telling his disciples to have universal love... or telling them to be gay... Gay jesus is very hard to unsee...

Judge not, lest ye be judged

If God truly loved me, then why did he send Christians? Cause they sure aren't loving.

Hit them over the head with it.

godef Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

I would rebut that @ "believeth," and develop how ppl who merely believe that Jesus is a good idea, or worship Jesus, are condemned as Nehushtan worshippers in the Bible. Iow conflate "whomeverest shall believeth on Him" with the "many" who will cry "Lord, Lord." another rebut might be "No Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins shall die." Ezekiel, I think

So, you sent him 3 wrong ways to love yourself and he sent you back another.

Yeah... I send him things to read... and he sends me religious shit to read... I am going through divorce, he just finalized his... go figure... religious mentality... I am trying to better his life after divorce, he is trying to convert mine

Sadly that verse does not take into consideration that anyone who denies the existence of the holy spook cannot live an eternal life. They're damned and that is to my knowledge the only unforgivable offense in the bible. I send that to people who push religion at me and then tell them "THERE IS NO HOLY GHOST"
they usually avoid me after that or just don't talk religion with me 😛

The Good Samaritan, and the First of the Two Sons both seem to rebut this pov, wadr. What comes out of our mouth is irrelevant, our actions are what matters to God

@bbyrd009 well since that fairy doesn't exist we don't need to worry what it thinks 😛

@Ad4hubby ok, no problem, then "whatever comes out of our mouth is irrelevant, our actions are what matter to other people." Which btw is allowed for in the Bible, and believe it or not it is the religious that the Bible pokes the most fun at, imo

@bbyrd009 actually you cannot bear false witness... or lie.. what comes out of a mouth is of great concern in the bible. I think what people say matters less than what they do but most religious would rather mouth prayer than help someone... 😛

@Ad4hubby well let's admit that one can lie, only they will become known for lying. And certainly from a different perspective what one says is important, and even a tool that one can use to determine the truth of a matter; but now we are discussing professions rather than confessions, in a sense. Or that might be put better, but see that we are now talking about a diff aspect of "what comes out of your mouth."

As to your last point, the Bible roundly condemns those who say, but do not do, and believe it or not accepts ppl like you that might evince no belief in God, yet do the right thing. No believer is told to sway the Good Samaritan's belief system to their own, see, but rather to "go and do likewise."

i at least suggest that God could not care less what someone's belief system is, as long as they understand "works meet for repentance," which is a terrible way to say "people who are big enough to admit when they are wrong, and seek to make it right." Pretty sure i can back that up, anyway lol

@bbyrd009 I've no clue where you are going with this except to argue 🙂 I'm not a fan... we were talking about what is forbidden the bible... move on... you can't lie... not if you are Christian 😛 though is not an offense for which you cannot be forgiven... the holy spook thing is.,... if you want to fight, keep your eye on the ball!

@Ad4hubby hmm, not a fan of what? The Bible states "what you bless there is blessed here, and what you curse there is cursed here," although i dunno if that is relevant to your point there or not. But i do think it indicates a Book that many ppl never even come to know. Fwiw i wouldn't be letting believers define the Spirit for me, either.
ps keep that pitcher up and you won't be single for long lol 😀
hey, Mi, i have a grow in Monroe, cool

Huh?

Yeah, I'm lost here tooo

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.