Agnostic.com

35 8

Do you like to play brainy games or enjoy puzzles of any sort?

Sharpening those wits... I'm thinking sudoku, crosswords, riddles... do you like any brainy games like these?

I ❤ games and puzzles.

silvereyes 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like trivia games.

I enjoy sudoku and crossword puzzles at times 🙂

Riddles, trivia I am fine with, being severely dyslexic is a problem with crosswords but I am compensated in "find a word". Love mental exercises such an mensa tests and similar.

I love Sudoku.

Word game I like, riddles are fun too.

yes. Love trivia. Riddles, most yess.

Sometimes, but these days just figuring out how to cope with reality is enough of a challenge to keep my mind busy.

skado Level 9 Jan 22, 2018

Chess, all kinds of trivia games jeopardy...

Not really. Just video games. My brain forgot how to function to succeed in that category of games. 🙂

I do crossword every morning have since I was like 22 played tons of chess at a young age. Was getting good at crypt-ta-quote have done one of those for years. Word game of any kind I am in.

@WizardBill Have not played in years. Need to get a board and teach the little ones, grate to learn strategy.

Crosswords...love it...

One of my best friends travels a lot with his job, and is always bringing home cool games to play with his friends and family. It's through him that the kids and I were first exposed to Dixit, Gloom, Exploding Cows, and several others (whose names are french so we had to play with his wife acting as an interpreter). Usually, I like to jump right in so we can learn to play; I digest the rules better that way.

Yup! Crosswords, sudoku (in the past), Scrabble, Jeopardy! and Balderdash (the board game). Even Bananagrams! Besides sukoku, I'm seeing a word/spelling pattern here.

I love playing along while watching jeopardy.

I used to love Jeopardy, until my circumstances changed about 6 months ago.

I do the newspaper crossword every day.

Naw.... my rv is complicated enough. Then there's my wifey. She complicated too. She gets mad at me and it's all day walking all around me and saying nothing. ...lol. she's a trip!

LOL! You crack me up, Bob.

Crosswords, Words with friends

NSA Crypto Challenge is my crack du jour.

Simon Shuker's code cracker is my favorite but I can only rarely find them. 😟

Writing rhymed and metered poems is like a puzzle...kinda like a crossword--more freedom but also more work.

I do crossword puzzles, not the super brainy Sunday New York Times puzzles, but the progressively harder ones in large puzzle books, like the Simon and Schuster ones. It is sometimes fascinating to see how one's mind works when, for example, you come up with a word, name, etc., that you haven't used or remembered hearing for years, or even decades. Or, to figure out an answer by some obscure or seemingly unrelated clue.

Does backgammon count?????

I think we've been down this road before. I like e-solitaire. I have found tricks that can be used for when playing with cards. One can fudge and if you don't win can play over and redo some things. I now win some 75% of the time.

I also do crosswords. I look for the medium difficulty so I can add extra strategies: in ink, backwards, left-handed and, when possible, go from one corner to the opposite one with as few words as possible.

My late partner once asked me to teach her checkers. I won the first two games and then it was all over. She beat me every time. She then asked me to teach her to play chess. No way, I needed to at least keep some of my dignity!

I like crossword puzzles, chess, mahjong, backgammon, scrabble and some others

I have sudoku on my phone and use it mostly at night to send myself to sleep....

Cards Against Humanity is my favorite game.

I like video games that have complex builds, intricate lore, and play to a mostly homemade strategy aside from quest parameters.

@silvereyes Fallout 4 was a really good game, so much content.

@silvereyes Skyrim is great too, but if you like Skyrim, you will love Fallout 4.

I like to take super-challenging cognitive assessment tests like the one President Trump aced the other day. One day I, too, will correctly identify an illustration of a lion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17413
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.