Agnostic.com

81 14

What is your favorite place you've ever lived?

As you can imagine, Arkansas isn't that great. Where would recommend to move and why? What did you like or not like about the different places you've lived or stayed for time?

EarthKate 5 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

81 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seattle, Washington - the plush greenery makes up for the 9 months out of the year precipitation!

My home town of O'Neill Nebraska I'm not a big fan of large cities like San Diego CA or Norfolk VA

I have lived in a few places and Everyone one one of them have their ups and downs. But I now live back in the South. Now But I think if you are an outdoors kind. Well. Some place like the North west. Washington state is very nice. Anything north of Seattle. Maybe Bellingham. Is very nice. Or you can go the other way and try. Boston It was the coolest city I have lived in. But. It was a different time then. It has changed A little.

Washington State. Never been out of the U.S., but that was by far the best place I have been.

Cluj-Napoca Romania. A very vibrant city, I would move back if I could.

A couple of years in NYC. I still miss it, but it's expensive, even the outer boroughs.

For 2 years I lived in a tiny apartment right on the beach in Southern California. The apartment was run down; but the sand was right outside my door, and I fell asleep listening to the waves. For some crazy reason, I thought to be a grown-up I had to buy my own place and have more space...so I left that little apartment. Silly me.

Vermont - doesn't matter where - just Vermont. The change of seasons, the fresh streams that you can drink from without boiling, and the taste of properly prepared Perch. I could go on but those are my primary affections with the state.

I'd have to say Flagstaff, AZ. It has changed a lot over the past 20 years, but when I lived there it was awesome.

I have lived, basically, in 4 cities -- though it includes moving around in those cities 3 or more times. Dormitories, rent-a-rooms, apartments, & houses. Areas include Chicago area, Jackson, Tenn., Denton, Tx and the Houston area. Everywhere I have been I have been happy. For me; home is where the heart is (and my heart usually travels with me). 🙂

South Florida bc it wasn't as religious as the entire state of Alabama

The DC area had it's advantages, but I have to say SW FL where I live now.

I will always miss Brooklyn..NYC specifically Bay Ridge. An amazing community...but very expensive.

I don’t have a favorite place, but I’m definitely enjoying Tucson. From all my moves in the Amy, I've learned it’s not so much the place, but rather, your state of mind. Anyplace can be great or shitty. That being said, I don’t know why people would choose to live in humid places.

Marz Level 7 Sep 9, 2018

While I was active duty I lived in Okinawa. OMG humidity!! Mold grew quickly there. While I was married and ex was active duty we lived in Louisiana and Virginia. I don't deal well with humidity. I was not sad to see Ft. Polk in my rearview mirror.

@EarthKate the humidity in Arkansas is brutal!

Penticton BC. Nice weather , nice people that say "sorry" when I step on their toe. I have never seen an RCMP officer even hint at drawing his gun. Safe, relaxed, friendly . I guess the temperature keeps heads cool in Canada. Medical care outside of Canada scares the shit out of me. I don't have any human rights when I leave Canada. I am living in a near Canadian utopia where I don't have to do anything criminal to pay my medical bills. There isn't any bills.

Carmel beach, California.

Coos Bay OR or Lo de Marcos Mexico

Nashville. Moved here just to check out the south and ended up staying. The people here are great. Victoria BC Canada was ok too

I went to college in Nashville ( Go Commodores! ). Great town!

I guess, besides where I'm at right now, it would be Olympia, WA. I really liked the area, and politically, it suited me to a "T". And the weather was perfect for me; I loved the 'mizzle'.

Nelson, British Columbia, Canada.

I have lived in many places and my favorite was in the Black Forest in Germany! I loved the food, the History and the people! I was in the service over there and thought of staying there when I retired from the military. I came back to Canada mainly because my children were still in school and I needed a job till they finished school. We have been back there a few times and hope to go again. I love Europe and all the history.

Ellensburg, Washington. I miss it to this day.

My favorite place I've ever lived would be a product of my many summers as a grade-school age kid on a farm a few miles South South-West of McCook Nebraska. The sights, smells, textures and experiences working on fence, driving trucks, and bikes, mending fences, feeding cattle, help changing oil on combines etc. formed my impression of the world nothing short of awesome. I could write a book about growing up on a farm in the summers and being a city-boy in North Dakota when school was on but I'm not sure that is what you are after as I would not recommend moving there.

I did a lot of traveling including time in the Army so I have been to most of the US West Coast, Colorado, Washington DC, driven from North Dakota to Florida to Key West and have visited Panama City, the Amazon river basin and Quito Ecuador, Missouri etc. Spend weeks in Canada over many hundreds of miles (mostly flat interior) and find it only slightly different (and better) then North Dakota. The problem is: the world is changing very quickly. A positive observation made a decade ago may no longer be relevant. Colorado hiking in the mountains decades ago was great. It has profoundly changed. (increased population/traffic) I loved the West coast with California nice but Washington state was my favorite but again, things are quickly changing.

At this time, I live in a very nice house with an impressive home-made theater. As for the state of ND (where I live) being a place I would recommend above other places? probably not as things change quickly and my knowledge of other places is dated.

I've only lived in the Greater Seattle area and Kauai. I personally feel happier on Kauai than anywhere else I've ever been on Earth, but I haven't been everywhere yet.

Kauai suits me and my lifestyle just fine, but may not be for everyone. It's tiny island living, no stress, everyone happy and forgiving, beautiful scenery in every direction, simple basics. It's a far cry from exciting "city life" but that's just a plane ride away.

Easy to get outdoor exercise with the best weather on the planet, or be a hermit if I just want to enjoy my privacy. People here are caring and mostly respectful.

I can enjoy live island music any night of the week, with a wide variety of island musicians born and raised here, plus retired musicians who have settled here and play rock and blues for the enjoyment of it. That's about it for night life on this quiet island.

Can enjoy a quiet sunset on the beach, or gather with friends for happy hour. Just easy island living. Perfect for me in this time of my life.

Sounds like paradise.

In 1976 i landed in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, after growing up in Montreal and travelling across the US, Canada, and Europe.

To this day I remember driving into town over a rise where a sign welcomed me to Victoria, feeling a thrilled reaction to the view of the city, with the Juan de Fuca Straits and Washington's Olympic mountains in the background.

I felt that i had come home. Even though i've relatively recently moved to a smaller town up the coast to simplify my life as Victoria grew in size, Victoria on Vancouver Island were and are my favourites.

[tripadvisor.ca]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.