Agnostic.com

59 6

While in your teens did you see your current age as old?

53 did seem old to me then. Sometimes feel old when I see someone in their 30 and realize that I am old enough to be their father.

Shelton 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very much so...

Yes, and I kind of still do.

When I was in my teens, I saw my current age as virtually dead. ... Hey! I was in my teens!!! You, know ... you think you know everything!

When I see old pictures of celebrities that I thought of as old when in my teens I look st them now and think “good grief, he/she was just a youth!” I remember, when about 15 years old, thinking that Bob Dylan was getting on a bit and past it; he was 30 at the time.

Yes and no. My maternal grandparents were slightly older than than my current age and they were young at heart. Now when I see teens and anyone under twenty-five I have a tendency to think of them as a kid, not out of disrespect necessarily, just because of the age gap.

I never thought I'd make it to 18, let alone my age now. So absolutely!

I did not expected to reach 60 to tell you the truth. I remember wondering what we were going to do at 40 to get pussy? The answer was... prostitutes(according us 13-14 year olds). Well... so ignorant of me... I got more poontang on my 40's than any other decade. After that... does not mattered how old I was going to get. 40's were the bomb. 50's were glory days after the battle was over. On my 60's I am resting to charge again on my 70's.

absolutely - anyone around my parents' age was way up there !

Hell I see it as old now, but do I feel old...not really and yes I did see.my age as old when I was in my teens

I'm continually amazed at how "young" my parents actually were.

I can remember my mamaw's 38th birthday, I was 8. When I was a teenager she seemed ancient, but she was only in her 40's. Now, here I am with a son that's the same age that I was when my grandmother was the age I am now and I realize age is what you make of it. She acted old, so she was. I don't, so I'm not.

No, and I'm currently 32 years old. 50-60 year olds seemed old to me in my teenage years

I didn't really give it any thought. I just remember not wanting to work in a factory ever but I did work there for a year. Long enough.

People seemed to act much older then at a younger age.

Women in their late forties and early fifties were wearing those snap-front house coats and ugly shoes.

Men were buttoning their pants at chest level and showing white socks with black shoes.

People are active and engaged with life and wearing jeans often to the end of a long life.

Steven Tyler is 70. If a 70 year old like that existed when I was in HS I did not know about it.

Yes, part of the human condition.

In 1960, at 16, I could not imagine ever living to see the year 2000. It was so far away!

Now I am looking forward to 2100. 🙂

yep...and i was right. ? when my grandfather was my age now I was 9 years old.

No - 54 is OLD! 🙂

I had a teacher who was around my current age, and I thought she was smoking hot. On the other hand, no matter how old you get, your parents will always be too old.

I remember when I was a little girl,my mom used to said, by year 2000 you will be 29!! for me that was way to far!!! well today is 2018 and that was fast!!!

Welcome to life....

The normal attitude about "old" is, it is 20 years older than your present age.

When I was 10, I told myself that I would kill myself when I turned 40. I did not want to be old. The closer I got to 40, the less old it looked. Now I'm almost 60 and feel great.

I'm not sure what I would consider old now.

yep! but i AM old! (i'm 66 and a half.) the going mantra was not to trust anyone over 30 but i never bought into that.

g

When I was a teen most adults I knew were either in their 40s or in their 70s. I don't have any memories of thinking anyone old. I am mother to someone who is 30, and 33, and 26. And grandmother to two under 2. Do I feel old, sometimes. I have some aches and pains now and the floor seems so low and so hard to gracefully get off of. I'm working on that though. I have sorta retired and I'm using this time to get more exercise and into better health. I don't mind being "old" I just don't want to be decrepit.

Ha! My grandparents at 55 were a LOT older than I am at the same chronological age. ?

Zster Level 8 Sep 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.