Agnostic.com

16 8

Cue the "thoughts and prayers" UGHHHHH!!!

Crimson67 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not understand why all teachers are not paid an annual allowance to license them to be armed in class and shoot such assailants.

@witchymom but you trust them to teach your children just as you trust police not to gratuitously shoot you and your family?

@witchymom Do you throw the baby out with the bathwater? Haven't the armed airmarshals on air flights resulted in a significant reduction in hijackings? Are all applicants for airmarshals accepted? Similarly I would expect applications for teacher protectors to be psychologically and capability assessed before being licensed. I'm simply saying that perhaps such a system would be a big deterrent to psychotic children who have just had their meds changed. Equally psychiatrists changing pupils meds should be required to get school reports of the behaviour of such students.

@witchymom IMO unless the offer is made to all teachers there will be screams of discrimination particularly if it is only made available to probably the most unstable segment of society traumatised ex military personnel. Teachers, unless different in USA are paid additional sums for additional skills e.g.. teacher librarian. Similarly those wishing and being suitable for the role of being part of the school protection team are like our volunteer firemen available to respond to that specific danger as and when it occurs. Furthermore I suspect that over the years more people have been killed by rogue fire fighters setting fires in order to be heros. Just as such volunteer roles are not compulsory but are regulated as far as possible I am suggesting similar for schools. The cost of a full time Marshall sitting all day waiting for the end of the day is not particularly clever if suitable multitasking can be employed. The same applies with air marshalls and air hostesses. Equally I fail to see why all places of risk are not loaded with knock out gas to release into the a/c.

"Thoughts and prayers" = now that I've said that, I don't have to DO anything.

This was a another horrible shooting. We have to protected those Second Amendment rights. Who are they kidding?

I belong to a Philosophy club and we spoke about praying today. How arrogant are people of faith to ask the “almighty creator” to do something for them?

Don’t they know he (god) has a plan (god has to me a man; no women could screw this up so badly (George Carlin).

Anything we ask for could alter god’s divine plan. If god acquiesce to our prayers, then that would screw up the master plan. Total chaos would ensue, and Trump would be elected President.

OOOOPS, maybe I missed something.

Yeah ... "thoughts and prayers" ... AND guns for all !

Prayers are a complete waste of time if you expect them to change anything on their own. The correct way is to pray in such a way that it spurs YOU to action or changes your thinking in a positive way. Christians have been doing it wrong for almost 2000 years. It's little wonder that all that praying has had little to no effect on improving the state of humanity as a whole.

Fuck thoughts and prayers.

I want petitions and protests!

Oh my goodness....

I could use a little T&P

godef Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

Thoughts and prayers are good... just don't touch my guns.

godef Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

That time again eh? Time for the feel good FB posts to start springing up. That kind of faux "I'm helping" rhetoric barely elicits a response out of me anymore. I feel bad for the victims of course, but now a day the thoughts and prayers crowd just barely phases me.

It sickens me. First that it happened. Secondly, these people whom belive in God believe he let it happen or worse "willed it" and then go crawling to him after the fact. He let it happen and now that we have dead bodies hes going to make it all better? Really?
I in no way mean to make fun of or minimalize the tradgic event. It was horrible. It is my intent to call attention to the absurdity of the Christian reaction.

@witchymom I one agree wih you and think we are both right. There are many ways to justify an omnibenevelent god not being so. I grew up in the "satanic Panic" 80s It was always Satan then.

@witchymom I'm surprised that the shooter is not already being denounced as an atheist or agnostic!

@witchymom I have been led to believe that many of these incidents occur after a psychiatrist has changed the meds. Blaming "agnostics/atheists does not give a focus to sue. Blaming a psychiatrist gives greater possibilities perhaps?

I already saw Sara Sanders today say that the White House sends out their "thoughts and prayers" to the victims of the shooting.

Of course, if anyone brings up gun control again, we'll get the same old "this is not the time" song and dance because they don't want to disrespect the victims and their families bullshit.

If a member of my family were wounded or killed by some nut with a gun, I wouldn't be offended at all if the government finally got off their asses and did something that should have been done long ago. In fact, I'd demand it.

Was that near you @witchymom?

Thoughts and prayers!

Great joke, bad timing.....

@DavidLaDeau in this country there usually isn't a good time anymore

I'm stealing this one

I saw this for a second in my feed then it fell away

Agree!!! UGGHHH & Good Grief!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17734
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.