Agnostic.com

17 9

I was raised that I had to be a virgin when I married and so I was. BUT...If I had to do it all over again I would save myself alright, but not for marriage. Nope! I would run down the Bunny Ranch in Nevada and auction it off to the highest bidder! At least then I would have gotten something out of it!

misstuffy 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your comments are perfectly valid misstuffy, and perfectly practical. Women all over the world are obliging free of charge, but no doubt participating happily.. Your suggestion is perfectly understandable and acceptable.I applaud your free thinking.

Thank you.

Being the father of a daughter, naturally we wished to shield her from the possibility of consequences, such as being " used ' or " talked about " by some pig who could not keep the conquest to himself, While I do agree that the activity is quite normal I did wish to shield her from any negativity.

The bad part is the double standard and it does hurt us girls. Boys get a pat on the back and cheered for the same conquest that labels the girl as damaged goods and if she gets pregnant in the process she is often left to deal with it on her alone as the boy runs off to another conquest to boost his ego and bragging rights.

The bad part is the double standard and it does hurt us girls. Boys get a pat on the back and cheered for the same conquest that labels the girl as damaged goods and if she gets pregnant in the process she is often left to deal with it on her alone as the boy runs off to another conquest to boost his ego and bragging rights.

That made me laugh out loud!!! You go girl!

I think the whole "virginity is a gift" is a bunch of patriarchal and/or religious BULLSHIT.

Humans have sex because humans like sex.

And, I have exactly zero envy of those who have had only one partner their whole lives.

I will be 57 in May and I think when I tell people this is the one thing I would have changed in my life if I had it all to do over again they are surprised. Those who know me ( but do not know I am an Atheist) think I am this good Christian Lady, afterall I don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs or sleep around. I t ry to be as honest as I can be in my dealings and relationships. The idea I would prostitute myself at all (for a one time only situation) really floors them and catches them off guard. I believe some years back a young lady did just that, auctioned off her virginity ( as soon as she was of legal age) and got enough to make considerable payment towards her college education. That alone would make it worth it.

If you and your partner are not sexually compatible, it's not going to be a happy experience. Everyone needs to take the time to figure out what they like and don't like.

First time for both of us so we had a lot to learn. I loved my husband and as the years passed sexual compatability was not an issue.

@Firelands -- I think when people are grown and mature adults that notion is really applicable. Do you really think teens and young, inexperienced adults are going to take the time to figure out what the like and don't like when it's the first time they've had sex? I read the original post as being about a virgin until marriage and what the first time was like. It didn't seem to me like she was talking about a long-developed sexual relationship where talking about sexual preferences, ideas, etc. was part of the experience. Did I miss something?

@BlueWave I don't think my comment was clear. I wasn't referring to a developed relationship, but rather knowing your own turn ons and offs, and if those pleasures are shared or at least compatible. I don't like pain, and that could be an issue if my partner really gets off on dealing pain. That's just an example. Really my line of thought is similar to the one below of test driving a car. And you don't buy a car which drives faster than you can handle. 😀

@Firelands1973 Right. That makes sense. Still, @misstuffy wasn't relating to that scenario. She specifically talked about being a young married virigin and what the first time was like. Young, virgin, religious -- undoubtedly not fertile ground for discussing turn ons and offs. At THAT point in their lives. And probably it's the same for the majority of young couples, virgins or not.

@Firelands1973 my post was as Bluewave described it. The losing of virginity and not of an ongoing mature sexual relationship at THAT point.

I feel so privileged to be part of this group when I read about these type experiences which seem to go to the "heart and soul" of religious superstition. Religion is like capitalism when it comes to the oppression of women. Patriarchy is the ruling philosophy, ideology, or dominant power relations which enforces the rule of the few over the many. Why else would a man or boy be a "fuckin hero" in society for doing the same thing that a woman or girl would be called a tramp? I guess I'm lucky in terms of growing up. I don't remember my parents ever telling me they loved me or nothing about the so-called facts of life. I learned it all on my own and my first experience was with a prostitute. We became friends and I learned a lot from her. When you are a hot blooded teenager everything is beautiful.

One thing that was apparent to me when I read the Bible as a child was just how sexist the Bible was and it was very obvious to me it was written to give men power, riches, land and women and they used their God to justify it all. Including the rules regarding a females sexual status.

@misstuffy I am impressed with your understanding at such an early age. I never really read the bible because I thought it was boring old time shit. I went to church and the youth group because there were pretty girls there. Typical teenage boy. I didn't get smarter until my wife wanted to get married in the catholic church and I was willing because I was in love. The fucken priest wanted me to fill out an application and have my parents sign it and I was 22 years old. My wife to be said fuck them and we went to the courthouse to get married. That was when we started questioning religion.

I was 11 when I had my epiphany. My dad was raised Mennonite and insisted I read the Bible because I didnt want to go to Sunday School and Church because the stuff they were tellingme wasnt logical, even to a child such as myself. I was never able to get out of church nor was I ever comfortable there. Before I got through Genesis I knew I was right and this was a bunch of fiction as it contradicted itself on so many levels. ( I aced reading comprehension) The story about God's missing gold and how he killed every living thing in the village for not
telling him where it was, if you know everything and can create anything then why is this an issue, you know where it is and you can make more, unless of course, you really are not a God

Somehow I don't think that would work for me, and what could I buy with $2 these days?

It's one of the disgusting things about being raised in the Christian cult. The way they make sex out to be either sinful, or an unspeakable act. It's one of the things I wish I could change about the way I was raised.

Hopefully you raised your kids with the right information and that sexual feelings are a natural part of being human.

Hopefully you raised your kids with the right information and that sexual feelings are a natural part of being human.

I was raised to test drive a car before you buy it. I've test-drove a lot of cars. Lol

Love it! Wish I had.

Capitalism! but err, how to prove you are a virgin? sigh, the myths won't end, would it?

Historically the presence of the hymen was proof, except!!!! there have been hymens so strong that intercourse was possible with out breaking it. Maybe that's why everyone believed preggers Mary was a virgin when she was out to there.. she had one of those unbreakable hymens though Im sure childbirth would ha ve taken care of it once and for all.

Hah!

I think I have met one guy in my entire life who saved himself for marriage. They are getting a divorce after all of that...

because he sucks in bed?

@JiunnWong Couldn't answer anything about his performance ... 🙂

Thats a wild thought !!!

My ex-girlfriend felt the same. I’ve never inderstood that.

What part didn't you understand?

Why she felt that sex I asny ok outside of marriage. @BlueWave

People place so much importance on this nonsense idea of "purity," like a woman is tainted once they've had sex. Not only is that a repugnant view, reducing women to nothing more than chattel, but it places undue stress upon people entering into marriage. Sexual compatibility is important, and so many religious folks tell women (and men, to a large degree) that saving sex for marriage will make it that much better. And then it's not. It's a horrible experience for many, and mediocre at best for the remainder. And that leads to performance anxiety and shame and revulsion for sex, and they don't talk about it with anyone or, if they do, they're told it will get better or that it's not an important part of God's plan and that rearing a good, Christian family is what's really important. It's just so stupid.

Well I think you're tapping into a religious construct here and interestingly enough one birthed out of religious pride, and largely ancient in the sense of it's religious evolution. "Rape and pillage" (War against cultures) - this phrase comes to mind. And I'd elaborate further, but I'm currently drinking heavily. To simplify where I'm headed, the ideas current evolutionary form is best represented in the preachings of Shariah Law, in which some religious 'leaders' of Islam view sex without clothing on, as 'sinful'.

You are correct. Also by limiting a womans sexual partners she has no idea what good sex is or whether or not her husband is good in the sack or not. The attitude is Boys will be Boys and if they get "lucky" they get a pat on the back for their manliness while the girl gets labeled a slut. Not fair in the least.

Hear hear!! Well said -- @resserts, you were clearly reading my mind!

@misstuffy Yup! And that is why I REFUSE to label ANY woman a slut, whore, loose, easy, sleeps around, or ANYTHING that resembles shaming her for being a sexual human being.

AND, if somebody refers to a woman that way around me, I DO open my mouth!

A woman who wants to have sex -- as long as she is not hurting other people (lying, cheating, misleading, etc.) can have sex with whomever the fuck she wants to have sex with as often as she wants to and in any place she wants to -- just like men can!

@BlueWave I have a three bedroom home and most of my friends and family live a ways from me. As a result they often stay here with me over the weekend if they are here helping out and I learned I had a "reputation" locally as they assumed I was sleeping with all the guys. I was pissed so I assumed my most insulted posture and informed them very loudly I was not into incest and they were a bunch of gossips to assume the worst. These people are like family and often it was the entire family here to visit. My grown friend, his kids, his mom, etc. the same for my brother from Vegas and my nephews. I live in a farming community so these fundamentalist Christians are quick to assum the worst.

LMAO - not an unreasonable idea.

I was raised to be careful and not get anyone pregnant. Academic liberal atheist parents...

Responsible, as a farm girl I explained to my various nieces and nephews animals only have the urge to have sex when they can get pregnant and then I told them, think about that now.

I'll buy that!😉

Not a bad idea. 'My first time was so hideous I probably would have been treated better.

I bet you would have. And the guy, let's call him John, would likely have some idea of what he was doing... 🙂

When you really think about it I think this would have been a much better deal for me when I was a virgin. I mean really, only the guys seem to get excited by being the first and they have this insane idea that the act of taking a girls virginity means THEY made the girl into a woman. Got news for them, we were born women.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17736
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.