Agnostic.com

58 7

What commercials have permanently burned themselves into your mind?

There are some commercials that I doubt I'll ever forget. No choice about it. I could list 20, 30, 40... too many.

The best part of waking up...

It's Nerf...

Go, go Power...

What would you do for a Klondike... ?

😉

silvereyes 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

OMG yes!!

I actually worked at Wendy’s when the “where’s the beef” comercial came out..... so many prank phones to the store lol....

Those are Fkn awesome!!! LMAO!!!

I think where's the beef one was just pure awesome.

Yes!!! Lmao!!

@LizBeth Didn't Wendy's at the time have a campaign where if you came in and said "where's the beef?" you would get a discount or free fries or something like that?

@Paul628 not that I remember.....but it was quite awhile ago.

A little dab will do you. (Brilcream), If you remember this one your old

My grandpa used brill cream and we always had a tube of that, denture cream and brute! Lol

I remember these really goofy bottles of Avon car shaped men's cologne too. In college I wrote a haha story in while bril creme was Trill creme and it was for Star trek species of trill. It wouldn't be funny if I tried to give a synopsis so I won't. Lol

@astrochuck Just for the record I was about 6 when I saw that commercial But the beautiful girls that were in that ad is why It stands out. . I was just a baby. lol

Apple 1984:

Holy S*** 😮

Orange shorts... Tank Top... Boobs... This is the worst Hooters commercial ever.

????1-877- cars for kids... K A R S cars for kids... ????

Hold the pickles, hold the ketchup,
special orders don't upset us,
something, something, something, something,
have it your way...

Have it yourrrr way, have it your way...

All we ask is that you let us
serve it your way

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, all we ask is that you let us serve it your way 🙂

Luv it, thanks for the correction! 🙂

• "Whatever it is I think I see becomes a __ to me!"
  • "__, take me away!"
  • "Gimme a break, gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that __."
  • "Oh, what a feelin'! __!"
  • "This is not your father's __. This is the new generation of __."

@silvereyes

• Tootsie Roll
  • Calgon
  • KitKat
  • Toyota
  • Oldsmobile / Olds

Tootsie roll to me, calgon take me away, kit Kat bar, I don't know the other two

"Plop. Plop. Fizz. Fizz. Oh, what a relief it is." Guess which product.

Hmmmm ... I think I’ll take an Alka-Seltzer and think about it ...

@balou Watch it, you're showing your age. 😉

Coca-Cola I'd like to teach the world to sing.....

@silvereyes me too!

I guess I'm living in bubble land. I haven't seen a commercial in years.

@silvereyes In other countries it is done differently. Commercials are all lumped together at the beginning of a program and then the program runs uninterrupted. A much better system (but in Europe one must pay a radio/TV tax so that programs are subsidized by the state and don't need so much money from advertisers).

Me as a kid asking my grandmother "what is VD"? (as I'm wondering what's going on with the girl and her horse since I was a horse freak as a kid)

Land o' lakes spread with sweet cream...low on fat and cholesterol free!

The Burger King scares the living crap out of me! Literally haunts my dreams!

Oha s remember the Pepto Bismol song? “Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea.”

McDonalds Kiwi burger ad from 1999, very catchy. Kiwi burgers they bring them out every now and then, I have never tried one.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

“Help...I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”

“Clap on clap off, the clapper.”

“I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony...”

None of them... I purge them from my soul. Fortunately, our adverts are a lot less... mentally invasive, so I find them a lot easier.

Unless we're talking about an accident that wasn't my fault. Then I know that Hampson Hughes are the people to go for if I want compensation.

Mentos, the fresh maker, I go Kookoo for Cocoa Puffs, frosted flakes, they're greeeat, fill your cup to the rim with the rich taste of brim, for prell shampoo "Gee your hair smells terrific," leggo my eggo, the incredible edible egg, kool-aid guy crashing through a wall "ooh yeeeah!". I could go on... Oh yeah I want a pop, I want a sha-sha-sha- Shasta!

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

My dog's better than your dog
My dog's better than yours
My dog's better cuz he eats kennel ration
My dog's better than yours.

The meow mix commercial that was nothing but meow about 50 times

I am delighted to say,none! Sold my TV 18 years ago and do not miss it......🙂

The old Exxon commercials with the dinosaur in your tank.
American Airlines, the only way to fly
The new spectrum commercials with the possessed dummy.

Was an old one where the mom was doing laundry. The kid said mom can I go outside and play captured the aliens, mom says sure. In a later frame the mom has her backed turned. The kid has this alien large alien connected to a collar. The boy says mom what do I do with prisoners. The mom shove them in the closet. So they show him pushing the alien in the closet. The mom turns around just after the closet door shuts. Think it was a laundry detergent add.

I love the Geico pigeons...
Also the Tarzan one..
And recently , a different company, the kid with a flat tire. " is this a tire iron ?"

fill it up to the rim with Brim
brrrrrr aqua sleepman its cold...
don't squeeze the charmin
only you can prevent forest fires
they'rrre greeeeaat?

That dumb bitch who says she doesn't know what a computer is she writes a whole Insect Power Point on an Apple Computer

I will never forget the OREO song.
Do you know exactly how to eat an oreo, well to do it, first unscrew it, very fast. Cause a kid will eat the middle of an oreo first and save the chocolate cookie outside, for last.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.