Agnostic.com

11 1

How’s your driving?

I wonder, how many people here use directional signals, how many don’t? Do you exceed posted speed limits? Do you drive slow in the left lane? Do you ever look in your rear view mirror? Critique your own driving for me. Please be honest and acknowledge any shortcomings you may have

NothinnXpreVails 8 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't know..I've been living in Thailand since 2010 and only been driving a Honda motorbike. I drive like a Thai, so don't follow many rules.

Yeah, Asian driving is insane. In Asia, I mean.

@NothinnXpreVails In Thailand, anything is allowed if you're on a motorbike and can pull it off. Same thing in Mexico.

@birdingnut and Philippines

@NothinnXpreVails Dunno..never been there, but I can imagine.

I always use my signals, always use my mirrors, hate people that drive slow in the fast lane and always 5-15 over the posted limit.

I use my turn signals, I do drive fast, I have places I have to be at for work! I use all my mirrors, you can say that I am a defensive driver! Not careless, just have to move quickly and no accident's, gotta look out for other's all the time!

I try, but shit happens.

Stay off the sidewalks, huh?

Back when I drove, I pretty much followed it.

However, after I was diagnosed with a condition that would cause me to lose vision, Once i thought ti was no longer safe, I parked the car and never drove again.

I'll allow myself 3 or 4 miles an hour over the speed limit unless I'm on the interstate where i allow about 10. even at that I'm still getting dusted by most folks. I do use my signals and my mirrors. I really prefer not to be driving close to anyone. and I will not tolerate somebody riding my ass. I just slow down till they pass me. I reckon all in all I'm pretty pokey.

I took a defensive driving class which taught me how to avoid getting into accidents, and it helped my driving skills much. I usually speed up or slow down to stay within the flow of traffic.

Mirrors are a must, and I use turn signals and hand signals.

I drive it like I stole it...but mainly the reason is I gotta pee. Hydrate people, hydrate!

I drive over the speed limit but not like a maniac, I have my window open unless the rain's coming in and the music up nice and loud, I'm aware of what other drivers are doing around me, I usually have a running commentary of how shit other drivers are, I warn other drivers of a speed trap they're coming up to, I never wash my car (well very rarely) I'm courteous (for the most part), I use all my mirrors,

that's about it 🙂

Windows down and music up here too

I have not been cited for a traffic violation in over 4 years. I've been driving like a bat out of hell for the past year trying to get a ticket so I can slow it down again. That's my cycle. Drive like hell until I get ticketed, then chill out till my points are restored, then drive like hell again until I get a ticket. I do however use turn signals and stop for school busses even during my drive like hell periods.

I sometimes drive too slow in the left lane. I'm getting better about that, though.

My other driving problems aren't entirely my fault. My car survived a deer hit but sat in a parking lot in Wyoming for a month and has had transmission problems ever since. I floor it to pass or merge and that poor little four-cylinder revs and revs and revs and still takes forever to get to highway speed. ☹️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:177926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.