Agnostic.com

62 4

What would be the definition of hell to you?

Just a funny meme I decided to use, but hell could mean anything other than the typical religious belief ones.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My current situation.

Life without cookies

Lol at that Cookie Monster meme.

A socially constructed idea of a place where people experience eternal damnation for not following a religious bias.

Hell is other people (Jean-Paul Satre, Huis Clos).

Spending eternity with born again Christians.

Going to church on a sunday

Ugh! Those should just be days to relax, not getting up to go to an annoying service where you have to give money to money hungry people. I agree!

There is a great play by a French existentialist titled NO EXIT, in which every person has their own personal hell...

Being re-married to my ex.

Donald Drumpf..

Only Miller lite in the fridge for all eternity, with Keeping up with the Kardashians on TV

Hell, in my opinion, is not some astral plane where your greatest fears are inflicted upon you because you sinned. I feel that Hell is a state of mind, whether it is caused by your environment or it is self-inflicted depends on the individual. Hell could be living with roommates that won't clean or pay their bills. Or, it could be meeting your significant other's parents and they hate you because you don't meet their standards. As for some place your soul goes to suffer endlessly, that may be a work of fiction to strike fear into people.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

HELL: (noun) A mythical place inhabited by ardent, god-fearing, evangelistic christians who believe they have a divine right to judge all others by whatever values of personal morality they, themselves, have and to hate gays, foreigners, heretics, and everyone else they choose to hate. For some obscure reason some people believe this place to be paradise - but personally I could hardly think of anywhere worse.

Well said!

Hell is real. You create your own on earth.

Is there really a hell and heaven....think of it this way....we’re living in hell now...all the bad new...people being killed in various ways by those who clearly don’t value life....heaven is death....u eternal sleep....nothing can hurt u....harm u....hurting ur friends...family...doesn’t bother u....coz u can’t feel...that’s my opinion....????????

To me hell isn't somewhere you can have fun

Emotional pain is Hell ! ( or being stuck in a job you don't like )

A place where I'd be stuck in an emotionally abusive place without the opportunity for me to leave it. Where I'd be put down, reminded of my worthlessness, and chastised anytime I tried to be helpful. No aging out, no chance at moving away, only a blade against my wrist and the darkness I hide away in to escape the pain.

A place where the bad guy Satan which is in fact a good guy because is punishing the bad people?

Alabama

Like anyone: pain. Sickness and pain.

If there is such a thing, I think we are already here!

If Hilary had been elected

gater Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

Doing something you absolutely hate over and over again, so something I hate lol

Dieing and finding out the Mormons were right all along and I get married off to some creep to forever have spirit babies on his own planet...... I'd much prefer the void

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.