Agnostic.com

62 4

What would be the definition of hell to you?

Just a funny meme I decided to use, but hell could mean anything other than the typical religious belief ones.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (51 - 62)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trapped in a room of pit vipers, aka evangelicals.

This reminds me of something I've heard one of my brothers say a few times:

"Heaven (God) won't have me and hell's (Devil) afraid I'll take over"

I don't know what a hell would be. My limited mind doesn't allow me to realistically know. Is it fire and brimstone and demons picking at my flesh for eternity, or is it not realizing my life potential? Is it having my head twisted and turned while spikes get continuously stuck through my eyes, or being reborn into an existence of suffering (no matter how minor or major I see it as being)? Is it piranhas eating my pecker off for all eternity, or asking questions that I will never know the answers to? What if it's feeling something good and then feeling something bad? What if it's spending 40 years loving someone and then in an instance losing them? Is it unrequited love?

Most people see hell as something extraordinary or incredibly grand, but what if it's something that just eats away at you slowly or something like that throughout your life?

Driving a chevy......

(Runs and hides and waits for the flack 😉 )

Edit - I wasn't brave enough to say riding a harley. 🙂

A place of your own creation.

As I don't believe in the biblical heaven and hell, use them as how you live your life. Living in Oregon, and with the large number of non-churched people is on the heaven side. The daily assault on things I believe in is a little hell. Making music with others, play with 3 groups is on the good.
Being able to pick the groups that I am in contact with is great, family, UU church, humanist. Having to live back in the mid-west where I was raised would be hell, as don't need the religious folks with all of their narrow-mindedness, racist, sexist, bigoted views. You get the idea.

The worst emotion together grief, anger, edgeness, hope, foreboding and anticipation

Joining a site for atheists and agnostics and still taking about things religious people talk about all the time... ????

Extreme pain.

Being forced to ride It's a Small World After All at Disneyland for eternity...yunno, if there was one.

Hell is where we are right now and the devil exists in everyone, the difference is how much we control that evil!

Hell is what most US blacks face every day, the society seems to be against you (is against you) and no matter what you do you can't get ahead or make it better.

Being stuck in hell forever with all those I thought had gone to heaven.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.