Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Hurricane Florence: Residents ignore evacuation orders in North Carolina ‘hoping God protects us’ as storm hits | The Independent

A part of me thinks they will deserve what they get, but another part of me hopes the survivors will determine their beliefs to be false, and wise up some.

snytiger6 9 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We know is impossible to fight ignorance.

We can fight ignorance, and even make a difference, but it is unrealistic to believe we can totally eliminate ignorance.

@snytiger6 We can fight ignorance -even win the battle- if we are referring to reading, writing... but when it comes to concepts as the one discussed in this thread we will never succeed over ignorance; culturally (traditions / legends . myths...) are a lot more powerful than any / all reasoning.

@DUCHESSA Probably not in out lifetimes, but I am still optimistic. I do think evolution has a bit further to go before ignorance will not be that common.

@snytiger6 Well, hopefully you are right.

It is the definition of an "Act of God" so praying to thwart or seek special privileges from their God's will is a little rich. ?

I hope they don’t have to find out the hard way that their god is bogus.

Those are the same morons now expecting the first responders to risk thier own lives to save them.

And they won't be rescued. They were warned...so...

We'll see if it saves them.

It's far too easy to rationalize religion...to ''explain'' why their sky pal didn't rescue them, blah, blah, blah. If you really think about religious stories, myths, etc...it's childish babble. Nothing more.

I've never known a religious person to notice irony. They rationalize whatever they must, to maintain their denial.

tru dat

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:178875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.