Agnostic.com

23 4

Anyone of us on here going to the Superbowl?

Geeze $3800.00 For the cheapest seats...yikes.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have zero interest in sports and really don't want to be in such huge crowds these days

I wish. Friends are having Patriots Super Bowl Party. Go Pats!

The only bowl I go to is in the bathroom.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

LMAO ... you got a good sense of humor!

No way! I wouldn't pay that much if they let me sit on the damn bench.

If I win the lottery on Saturday night.. I would love to! 😀

Sacha Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

Too many prayers for me.

Not even going to watch it on TV...

Nope. I don't like football.

Second worst possible SB for me to watch. The first would be the Patriots vs the Cowboys.

...but here's a joke to hide my tears:

"My buddy has (2) 50 yardline tickets for the 2018 SUPER BOWL! He paid $2,500 for each ticket, but he didn't realize when he bought them, it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place...It's at the Temple Beth Israel, in Miami. Her name is Sheila, she is 5'1, about 140lbs, she's a good cook too...She'll be the one in the white dress."

Too funny! I've seen that joke before..

The Super Bowl was in Houston last year and I went to the fan fest they had. Most of it was free. I had to stand in a long line to view all of the 50 Super Bowl rings but it was worth it to see them all up close. That was a thrill. The tickets to the game were way too expensive for me.

Some of these rings were huge!

Wow!

I was in Foxboro Sunday, but alas, no Super Bowl

godef Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

I havent watched football in two years. First they had the "gay fetish", then they wanted to lecture me about not beating my wife, Then they threw in a bit of racism at the super bowl. I had enough.

I'm surprised I'm the only one asking about this. Am I the only one here who apparently lives under a rock? 1. What is the "gay fetish" they had? 2. Who warned you about not beating your wife? 3. Do you beat your wife? And, finally, 3. Who is the "they" that threw in a bit of racism at the super bowl? And what racism did they throw in? I'm being sincere. I don't know any of these things. But other people liked your comment, so I feel like the Lone Clueless Ranger.

@BlueWave to open a bag of worms.....
There was a gay football player that was being harrassed by his team mates. It was stupid of the players and the media could not let go of it and the NFL handled it very badly.

There were a few football players that beat their wives so the NFL in its wisdom decided to do public service announcement during the games to tell people not to beat their wives. I did not have a problem with this, They did.
Byonce at the super bowl did a great half time show. The problem was it was all about glorifying the Black Panthers. That was simply racist.I would have been just as offended if someone glorified the KKK.

I wanted to watch football to forget about racism, bigotry, domestic violence, gaybashing, and any general hate. When I watched football I was inidated with it. What ever happened to just watching a bunch of fellows play their hardest and team spirit?

@DavidLaDeau Gotcha! Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Not unless someone was giving me seats in a skybox and luxury travel to/from. Even then, I'm not sure I want to be in close proximity to that many people.

I live here and I will avoid all Super Bowl related activities as best I can. Has absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings getting embarrassed in the NFC championship game. 😟

I live here too ... am staying inside during SB. I live downtown, do not like crowds.

i just tried to drive around the convention center and it was a mess with streets blocked off. I try to stay on my side of the river as much as possible! I'll go check out the Winter Carnival instead!

I used to think American football was "stupid," having grown up abroad where "real football" (called "soccer" in the US) is the popular sport. Sometime during the past decade I became an American football fanatic for a while, until I could no longer ignore the permanent and often deadly brain damage being done to the NFL players. I still love it, but only if I can become detached enough to pretend that their lives don't matter.

It is too bad I am not a football fan. It would be so easy for me. I live 8 blocks away from the Stadium and work right next door - I see the Stadium from my office window. I will be taking six works days off during SB - downtown will have about one million people, and I am not comfortable in crowds, so that is that. Will be a madhouse. On the good side the SB will bring revenue into Minneapolis.

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 24, 2018

I used to like football back in the day, Oakland Raiders, but since the Tuck Rule game{sorry sassy girl] I don't mess with it. The only time I've been excited about football in the last couple years was when Colin Kaepernick started the protests. Otherwise it's so full of god shit and patriotic shit and it's become a display of propaganda'

Hell no! Not even if it were $3.80 for a seat. 😛

Well, I live in the Twin Cities and just tried driving near downtown Minneapolis, what a mess. There are so many roads closed around the stadium. Hoping we get a bunch more snow and subzero weather for the game.

More snow and cold weather.... nooo!

If the other teams had won I might have been tempted 😟 but for Eagles v Patriots I will watch the commercials from home.

The Evil Empire (again) vs. a bunch of obnoxious assholes from Philly? Beiber for the half time show? No thanks.

This will be the first Super Bowl I skip out on in over 40 years. I have faithfully watched the game no matter if my team is playing or not, but this year I think I'll go catch a movie or something.

You fight in a war? I was Vietnam.

I'm not a sports fan. I have deliberately watched exactly one Superbowl, and I don't get it.

I usually have a date with myself to go shopping. Going to Target once the superbowl begins is the best. you almost have the whole target to yourself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.