Agnostic.com

7 1

Is Christianity a religion or a cult?

I've been raised to believe in God and his attributes, heaven, hell, and all the Bible stories. All of the sudden I started questioning things about the Bible inerrency. This was a couple weeks ago. I've deconverted after 25 years as a fundamental, baptist, Evangelical Christian. The Bible claims to be inspired and infallible and critical thinking is discouraged. Anyone who disagrees is going to hell. This kept me in fear for a long time. Could this be a cult?

Freethinker85 4 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

its exactly a cult indoctrination and brain washing mean the same the only difference being cults usually have a living figure head religions a dead/indefinable one. Good luck on your journey

In a lot of ways both. Cults tend to force you to cut away from other people. Some are worse than others.

A cult that grows big enough to get tax-exempt status in the US is a religion. Ask the Mormons.

All religions are cults because of the brainwashing.

Probably. There are so many people involved in this lie, though, that it gets the religion label instead. Teaching children this stuff should qualify as child abuse.

"Is Christianity a religion or a cult?" ... YES!

The only difference between a religion and a cult is the number of followers it has, and how long it's been around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.