Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK How will the universe end? Four theories.

The Big Rip, the Big Freeze, the Big Crunch, the Big Slurp

AlasBabylon 8 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

much of life as we know it may well end in the big freeze. there is no way a big freeze will destroy the planet, much less the universe. it will only be destroyed that way as far as its ability to sustain us, and many other species. the planet will most likely be subsumed by the sun, but not soon. i wouldn't start packing yet. the universe itself is still expanding but some scientists speculate that it might reverse itself and go back to what used to be thought of (and still is, by many) as a/the singularity, but a new line of thought is that this isn't the first, nor will it be the last, universe to bang into existence, and a new one would replace ours. of course, we'd be gone. is that important? no, i did not read the article. the four names sounded too ridiculous and the source kind of... i'll be kind and say "iffy."

g

The idea of the universe dying out completely for eternity, is a sad thought.

I d9 not think the correct answer is find-able at this time....Quantum mechanics is going through Huge changes!

The big rip

I do not believe it will end rather it will go on doing what it has been doing for the rest of time.

Will it end? Where will the matter go?I will agree that there can be changes to life as we think we know and see it. Exactly what this might be I haven't a clue.

You don't have a profile photo. My policy is to block people who don't write bios or post profile photos.

@Bobby9 I love it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180837
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.