Agnostic.com

10 16

Out of the mouths of babes

While my kids were growing up they said some of the funniest things I’d ever heard and the comedy seemed to be non-stop.

I decided I’d better start writing them all down so as not to forget, and to have something awesome to hand them when they were adults.

I thought it would be fun to share any comedic or profound things you’ve heard come from kids.
Whether they’re your kids, you as a kid, doesn’t matter..

When my son was 9, I had to take him the ER because his nuts were hurting so badly he was in the fetal position and couldn’t barely speak.

The doc rolled an ultrasound machine into his little curtained area and examined him.
Jake asked the doctor if he could check his MySpace on the ultra-sound..
The doc ignored him and let us know he’d had a slight case of testicular torsion, but that he’d be fine.
Jake asked, “ Wait, I don’t need a cast? I really wanted a ball cast so the girls could sign it!”

All the nurses were laughing, they asked if they could keep him.

AMGT 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dakota must have been 7 or 8, some firework holiday. We were shooting fireworks and had come inside. As we were settling in, Dakota announced rather than asked “y’all ready to have some fun now?” and lit one of those balls that you drop in the time to launch on the bar in the kitchen. Roman tackled Ryan over the couch and onto the floor, I chased Dakota into the bedroom cussing the whole way. The thing exploded and lit the house like a bonfire, only burning some curtains slightly. I can only imagine what it looked like from outside.

My husband and I were hiking in the mountains above Durango, CO, when our son Nathan was two years old, when he suddenly announced that he liked "poop cocks."
After a startled pause, we realized he'd extrapolated the name from hearing us comment on a peacock we'd passed earlier.

My parents were determined to educate me about sex and human biology as a kid so I got all kinds of sex-ed books and 'talks'. So after all this they were extremely dumbfounded when I thought everybody had a penis. "Girls don't have a penis." my parents said. "I thought they grew one later on." was my response. Can anyone tell me the true story because I'm still confused. 😉

Hahaha! He sounds like my brother.

How cute? Having trouble coming up with a story. My daughter Becky who is developmentally delayed came home from school followed by a phone call to mom. Becky had announced she was having an affair. Becky loved watching Genera lHospital. Still follows it twenty years later at 34.

That's hilarious! When my youngest was about 5 we were in the truck driving and he made the connection about red and green lights on the road meaning "stop" and "go". So, I asked him if he knew what the yellow light meant. He said "go faster".

Duke Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

I love that movie, Victoria! 😀

@VictoriaNotes LOL!

@VictoriaNotes Here's a pic of me with my goofy kid back at that time.

@VictoriaNotes Oh, he is. I love both of my boys dearly and they hear it from me every day. But, this one... he's a special case. He has Asberger's Syndrome. He's 22 now. I got him a job with me. Still doesn't drive yet even though he understands the lights. LOL

When my nephew was little his doctor decided he needed surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids. After meeting with the surgeon prior to the surgery, he spent the ride home in silence. When his mom asked him what was wrong, he started crying and said he didn't want to have surgery. His mom explained it was only his tonsils and he'd be good as new in just a few days. He replied, "No mom, the are taking my adenoids. What if they take my penis too??" Uhhh, those are your testicles, not your adenoids kid. Lol

In Spain me as an adult visiting my daughters military base school I remember a 1st grader coming out of the bathroom and saying to my wife and I while pointing to another boy "He said the F word He said Fuck Fuck FFFuck". With a mimic of the way a teacher may emphasis a pronunciation.

There was a time with my son that he was one of those "I got to finish the math test faster than anybody else." And usually he did and later the teacher had to sit with him to explain the teacher what were those symbols he put instead of numbers... to write them faster he didn't finished them so a nr 4 may look like a cross, a 6 a half parenthesis. etc. Of course now he is a network engineer.

Kids say the darnedest things. Art Linkletter channeled here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18116
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.