Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I thought that person was so beautiful that I may could convince her of the truth..... and save her from wasted time of their lives..... but if the brainwashing is too deep, I would rather stay single

My -ex is so annoying. He is a self-righteous, judgmental, hypocritical, bigoted Christian. So, I am staying single.

My ex...while raised religious, she was not particularly religious when we met and even the first few years of our marriage, found religion after our first child, all downhill from there. Abusive towards me because I wouldn't convert, change my views to match hers, for years. Of course depends on the person, but I certainly wouldn't step on that field again.

Nope.

Probably stay single but it may just depend on the person and their level of involvement in their religion, it would definitely be a serious consideration. Religion and politics are usually the two primary deal breakers for me.

It depends on the person I am gonna marry. Some people don't mind their partner's beliefs and don't insist to follow their path. I would only marry if the girl is that kind, or atheist /agnostic

I would not ever settle with someone who follows an organized religion that has any exclusivity in its dogma. I am not currently aware of an organized religion without dogma, but I'm not omniscient, so that's the best I can answer.

Settle? Maybe had I not ever experienced what it is like to be w/ someone who is non-religious. But knowing what that is like.. I know that I can’t. I won’t. There’s too much to be said, pondered & talked about than to spend time with someone that wouldn’t want to converse about either of our sincerely held beliefs & opinions & non-judgementally as well.

BenR Level 3 Sep 26, 2018

I would stay single

Living with another person is very difficult, then when you get older....just trying to stay alive and staying out of a nursing home becomes an every day problem....keep moving.

I personally would stay single I couldn't handle the stress that comes with be it little or small that stress I feel will always be there.

I gave up on relationships with women. Decided to be alone with my cats. Read study do photos of bands and such.

Not all religious people are of the same cloth. I know at least one catholic woman whom I love as a friend, and but for the fact that we are friends, I would see no obstacles in loving someone like her, and being loved by someone like her, despite our "religious " differences.

In other words, she is good people, despite her religion.

And to be honest, she may be the only reason why i still remain open to dating religious persons. 🙂

But she is a rarity, I understand.

Stay single, unless every other thing about the individual kind of overrides it. I've dated mostly atheists/agnostics, but with theists, I couldn't handle a pushy one constantly talking about saving me or whatever.

No way!

zesty Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

I would stay single because she would make me go to church and probably try to brain-wash me.

churches: "give me your money, or go to hell'

I have never dated an atheist. I have tried and tried to find one, but timing or the lack of an atheist population makes it difficult.

Personally, stay single.
There's a certain mindset the religious people share and that's not a mindset I'm willing to accept in my life.
If that means I spend that much more time searching for my perfect match, so be it.

Stay single. I have a few non-religious friends who got married. Since neither spouse was religious they seemed to feel religion was not an issue. But then they had kids and the religion of their kids because very important. In some cases one spouse became a born-again-Christian which became a problem even without kids. It's very important to settle an approach to religion or no religion as a couple and with kids BEFORE getting married. My wife and I didn't have the discussion either but I (a non-Jew) didn't mind raising the kids Jewish. As it turned out we all have college degrees (most include post graduate degrees) and critical thinking won out and the four of us are all atheist or agnostic.

OCJoe Level 6 Sep 18, 2018

if you are with a woman and she starts bitching, tell her to go home to their own place. Most of them can't afford their own place. They are looking for sugar daddies.

Absolutely no way Jose. Not in a million years. I have had more than my share of drama and now consider myself a rabid anti-theist.

Damn it, I would settle for Godzilla....... (a female Godzilla, of course)

I think If you consider it settling then that's not fair to them either. I wouldn't want a religious person to "settle" for me.
I really does depend on the person and situation though.

MsAl Level 8 Sep 18, 2018

As always, it depends on the person.

Accept me and strong chance I'll accept you. For artistic/creative types this is the big one, to be accepted just as we are, many times that's not easy to do. As for a religious partner as long as they leave me out of it I could care less, just so long as they realize I will neither "come to Jesus" nor "find Allah".

I would settle for a nice person that happens to be religious.
I settle for a woman, not a religion, if her religion does not interfere with me or relationship.

Right!

Stay single!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.